“Comfy, Cozy Italian”

Dining options: Reservations
Hartford, Connecticut
“Comfy, Cozy Italian”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

At first we were hesitant when we found Francescas, it's very unassuming from the outside. Once we went in and ate we were sold. The restaurant is very small, maybe eight tables, so a reservation is very important. You can see the chef behind the counter cooking your food. The food comes out hot and fresh, fresh rolls with butter and olive oil to start. My husband and I have been here twice and got the exact same thing both times. We reccomend the veal romano and the mushroom pappardelle; both excellent.

• Visited December 2013

Charlestown, Rhode Island
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“amazing food, cosy atmosphere, so christmas”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I'd read the reviews for Francesea's and being close by and having a gift wedding card ( thank you tad & Kathy and Linda) we went on a Friday night in late December with an 8:00 reservation. As we waited 5 minutes for the table to be cleared, a couple all red scarf Christmassy happily told us what an experience we were in for. AND we were,the service was immediate the table cosy. My husband moved over to my side to eat at the small table. We had the stuffed mushrooms ( so good I ordered another) stuffed with spinish and sea food. Yummm. terry had the clams liquine, not over saused or salted perfectly seasoned and cooked. I had the shrimp saltinbocca (means jump in the mouth) and it was amazing! so good. To end was lemonchello cake. Again tart and wonderful. So 5 stars. A little expensive but so good. Cosy birthday christmas, wedding gift dinner.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Konamagicsands
Andover, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“restaurant has gone down hill”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Our first experience here was one of fine dining. We were very excited to go back for dinner a second time. However, they made the menu extremely large and it was no longer special. They should go back to a smaller menu. Most fine dining places don't offer burgers, etc.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank foody581
“great prices and food”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is a great place to eat, I would come here again. Excellent prices and food. Small cute table in corner was nice for our anniversary dinner. Large portions too. We loved the stuffed mushrooms app and pasta meals, I cant wait to go back and try the home made tiramesu.

• Visited November 2013
Bonita Springs, Florida
“Fabulous Food”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Small, quaint restaurant; don't be put off by the building. Beer and wine only. They serve a large wine pour but the glasses were spotty and the server was inexperienced. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. Large menu. The bread is crusty, hot and fresh. Arancini delicious, calamari oreganata is salty and flavorful and not breaded, long peppers are loaded with heat and sautéed with garlic cloves and served with wonderful bread. It will clear your sinuses. Dinner salads fresh and crisp, a small intermezzo. Chicken Mediterranean a tad sweet, rich and decadent. Salmon is a large portion and very moist, fresh and loaded with flavor. Lemoncello cake not too sweet. Coffee and espresso were good quality. The timing of all our dishes was almost perfect. I didn't care to box my own leftovers. Please don't ask me to place my dirty knife and fork on the table and reuse them. The service here could use a little training to be of the same quality as the food.

• Visited October 2013