“Nice Venue”

Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Coventry
More attraction details
Owner description: Open for tours: Wed, Fri, Sat, Sun 11 am- 4 pm
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Went to the Nathan Hale Homestead on Sunday as it had been listed on a meet-up event's page. I partook in the farmer's market while waiting for the main attraction, which was the tour of the homestead - $7.00. The farmer's market is so diverse and has so many goodies just waiting to be bought and tasted. Ended up buying an organic 4.5 pound chicken for $18 and a quart of flat beans for $2.00. There was also a Mexican-American hot dog style truck that was selling burritos and tacos for $6.00 a piece and some jarritos for $2.00. Next time I go, I will try to eat the crepes which were being prepared, buy some cheeses, jams, and other products. And, the farmer's market takes place every Sunday. I highly advice all locals to go.

As for the homestead, it was nice. The young guide was informative, but really should invest in some public speaking classes. Her constant "uhms" were just too tacky in my opinion. I know they probably volunteer, which I can appreciate, but I would really advice her to listen to herself and try to lessen the "uhms" when presenting historical facts about the house. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the tour. And as it was the Fife and Drum parade weekend on the grounds of the museum, that was also a nice treat to behold.

1  Thank EclipsianNight
There are newer reviews for Nathan Hale Homestead

Reviewed May 22, 2012

Interesting if you like local American history. We went for an event, and I was impressed by how everything here is run.

1  Thank Sarizona
Reviewed May 13, 2012

The Nathan Hale Homestead is the most charming museum you will ever visit. It not only contains wonderful information/personal property & history of CT's state hero, it has on it's grounds the fabulous Coventry Regional Farmers Market, so a double reason to visit. Market runs June-Oct. and the Hale Homestead has so many terrific theme weekends too...like musters...or dinners. A wonderful spot that we visit weekly w/ the market, plus attend other functions.

2  Thank drhouse1731