“Good food, not memorable--but a lot of pretention”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Nuage French Japanese Fusion - CLOSED

Nuage French Japanese Fusion
Cuisines: French, Japanese, Seafood, Asian, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Suburban Ave and Sinawoy Rd
stamford, ct
“Good food, not memorable--but a lot of pretention”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

When we ate here years ago when it opened, we enjoyed the food, but noted that this was no place to have a casual dinner because it is very costly. So we wnt for a family birthday celebration recently, and I believe that the food is just as good as ever, but they charge outrageous prices and have an attitude. I think that they fancy themselves as the most beautiful restaurant, with food "to die for",and very elite, but the location and ambiance is just OK, and the food, although of good quality is served in small portions, and there is nothing to wow you--nothing is really memorable.Afterwards, I asked myself why we had paid so much for this experience-- unfortunately, I felt as if I had let down the "birthday boy".

Visited December 2012

Greenwich, Connecticut
“A great lunch bargain by the Cos Cob Mill Pond”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

For our annual family celebration of St Barbara's Day (patroness of artillerymen and people named Barbara) I took my daughter to the $22 prix fixe lunch at Nuage a couple of days ago. The food was absolutely splendid in all three courses: we both had a rock shrimp first course; she had a beautiful crab cake and I had chicken teriyaki for the 'main' and she had creme brulee and I had a lovely Napoleon for dessert. Each course was well prepared with fine ingredients, and the service was attentive, friendly and without the pomposity sometimes associated with the better restaurants in my town of Greenwich. It was an excellent lunch and a bargain to boot - - as they say down south, a REpeat! By the by, I didn't know whether to check the 'scenic view' item below or not: Nuage is in a small strip mall on the Post Road in the 'hub' or business centre of Greenwich's Cos Cob neighbourhood, but depending on where one sits one could look over the north end of the ancient Mill Pond. There are no 'bad' views but that one is certainly pleasant, particular if the pro-golf fanatics have not been tormenting the swans and Canada Geese who off and on visit and try to nest in the Pond.

• Visited December 2012
New York City, New York
“Delightful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

Truly wonderful Asian. Fresh beyond belief and always delicious happy every time I go and it's been quite a few visits.

Visited April 2012
Stamford, Connecticut
“Great food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

The food and drinks at Nuage are always superb, although a little pricey. The outdoor seating was a great plus. Our waiter was very accommodating. The only issue was the time we had to wait for our order. But time flies when you have a good company and a good drink, doesn't it?

• Visited June 2012
Stamford, Connecticut
“Not a big fan”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

Food was pretentious but didn't live up to the pretentiousness. I have had really good Asian fusion but this was not it. The wait was annoying when we had reservations. The management had a chance to make up for the wait by buying us a drink, but didn't even do that. Not a top choice.

• Visited March 2012