“Good little place”
Review of Crown & Hammer Pub

Crown & Hammer Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
Crown & Hammer Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A friendly pub located in historic Collinsville offering a pub style menu with a flair in a cozy yet lively atmosphere. We look forward to serving you!
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Went for lunch before browsing in local antique shops. Nice inside, but I agree with mrmike. It could have been cooler. I had a turkey gobbler with sweet potato fries, husband had a burger with fries. Great food, served hot...it took a while, but was worth the wait. Server was a bit overworked as she was the only one waiting tables, but there were 2 other employees sort of standing by the station for staff. That was a little strange. One occasionally filled water glasses but our server was really doing it all.

1  Thank Judith R

Reviewed July 7, 2013

My friend and I stoped in for a quick bite to eat befor seeing the show. The service was prompt and friendly. The burgers we had were big and cooked to order. The place was clean. I thought that it could have been a little bit cooler inside. It was in the nintys out side so I was expecting it to be cool in side. The atmosphere was clean but nothing special. The beer selection was small.
Thay also had wine and mixed drinks. Thay were a little on the expencive side, but cheeper than eating at the show. Over all not bad, but nothing special.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stopped in today (Thursday) at noon. One of us had fish and chips. The other had a Reuben sandwich. Both were very nicely done. Portions were generous. Service was prompt and friendly and our waitress seemed very knowledgeable about the menu items

1  Thank CTBob_9
Reviewed May 27, 2013

When this restaurant first opened several years ago the food was fantastic. Meal selections were innovative and delicious, esp the Pub Chicken dish. The place was always packed. My last four visits have been so disappointing. I gave it another shot today and decided this was my last trip there. The portions, esp the chicken quesadilla and the salads have shrunk to minimal size for the price. Portions are at least double at other good area restaurants for the same price. The pub menu consists of Cosco type pre-purchased meals that are just heated and served. No actual creative cooking involved. As much as I love the location and atmosphere, the food is just not worth the money. I will miss going there.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Great location right on the Farmington river bike trail. My wife and I stopped in for lunch on a Sunday afternoon after riding the bike trail and were pleasantly surprised. The food and service were both very good. Nice little place.