“A great night”

Ranked #6 of 42 Restaurants in Colchester
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

We love going to Cafe Mangia! I had a risotto stuffed pepper as an appetizer that was so delicious. It was huge too. I had pasta for dinner that was great and I wound up bringing most of it home because i filled up on my appetizer, salad and saved room for dessert which were yummy cannolis. The staff was wonderfully attentive and friendly. We’ll be back for sure.

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed January 4, 2018

At lunch my friend and I lingered nearly three hours over delicious soup, salad and pasta, with nary a complaint or comment from staff. Of course, it was not too crowded that day.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed October 22, 2017 via mobile

Well, got a Groupon to give this establishment a swing. Decided to try brunch. We were literally the only 2 people in the restaurant. Obviously sat immediately, but took some time to get juices and coffee. Ordered a crepe for an app which was good! However once we were done, the finished plates sat for quite some time. Along with our empty cups. The appetizer took about 25 minutes to come out and finally got a coffee refill after asking for one. After she refilled my coffee she still left the plates - and empty glasses.. At this point I got a little nervous to how this experience was going to play out.. So our brunch came out finally. Almost an hour time pass.. I ordered the eggs Benedict and my daughter ordered chocolate pancakes. By the photos you can see the eggs were boiled thru, the super small portion of potatoes had so much rosemary they were inedible. The hollandaise sauce had zero flavor and was grainy. It was NOT to expectation. My daughters pancakes were actually thick crepes. They used the same batter.. Crepe batter is dramatically different than pancake batter...

Needless to say, this turned into a big afternoon project for 2 simple brunch items and a crepe starter. Gonna hit Starbucks across the street and get a pastry so I'm not hungry. Arrived at 11:30 and left at almost 1:30... Good thing I got $20 off the bill using a groupon. Super quick to process the bill though! They were fast to take the money! For a grand total (between the cost of the groupon and remainder bill) $30 this was not close to worth it. yikes.

Date of visit: October 2017
2  Thank bigbri2016
Reviewed September 21, 2017

Visited here in August due to a coupon and weren't disappointed. Seriously the best spaghetti and meatballs I ever had. The bolognese sauce was amazing! The service was very good and the bread served before dinner was even delish. Just wish it weren't a 45 minute ride for us.

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank Darlene W
Reviewed August 25, 2017

Lunch food was fine. Service very good. But be careful ordering drinks. We ordered Bloody Marys. When the bill came, we found those to be "Bloody Mary Absolut" at $8.95 per. There is no need to use premium vodka in Bloody Marys unless somebody wants to jack up the bill. Ask about drink prices. Obviously these folks are into making an extra buck or two on drinks.

Date of visit: August 2017