“Best pasta and canolis!”
Review of Cafe Mangia

Cafe Mangia
Ranked #6 of 42 Restaurants in Colchester
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2015

Hidden gem of an Italian restaurant. They have great gluten-free pasta, delicious salads and yummy canolis. The value is great and the service is always very attentive. I live out of town but enjoy driving to Colchester simply for this restaurant!

Date of visit: November 2014
1  Thank Megan F

Reviewed December 29, 2014

Cafe Mangia is a small place, not too many tables and they seat the overflow outside even in winter months by closing in the porch and pumping in heat. The menu is not extensive, most of the dishes are pasta courses. The Pasta Fagioli was terrible, not even close to a soup, more like the sauce you might get with spaghetti, almost a Chili. Salad is not offered with dinner.They have a full bar.
The service the night we were there was very good, better than average, we must have been on a slow night, at least 5 people attended to us. It is a little pricey for a small town venue, not worth the trip from out of town.

Date of visit: December 2014
Reviewed December 11, 2014

I've been here 3 times. The menu selection is pretty limited and the food is just ok. The place is small, so it is usually packed. The staff is polite, but the service is slow.

Date of visit: July 2014
Reviewed December 11, 2014

Visited Café Mangia last night. Wine made it to the table and my dinner partner's appetizer, but after waiting another 45 minutes it finally occurred to me that there was a problem. So I mentioned to the bartender who happened to be the owner that I had been sitting down for almost an hour and a half and had yet to see my appetizer (which I cancelled as it was almost 8:30). After he announced that "he was now taking over the table" good news since the waitress completely avoided us, I told him just to bring dinner. The chicken marsala was so thick and overdone that I couldn't even cut it.

As much as the owner tried to make good, it was by far the worst dining experience I've ever had. After growing up in New Haven in an Italian family, I know what good Italian food is, and this is not it.

VF, Marlborough, CT

Date of visit: December 2014
2  Thank Ronnie2520
Reviewed December 3, 2014

I've dined here for lunch and dinner. The food and service is great. I prefer lunch dining because it less crowded. I've dined twice in the evenings and my only complaint was the noise.

Date of visit: August 2014