“So glad we decided to stop!!”
Review of Cafe Mangia

Cafe Mangia
Ranked #6 of 43 Restaurants in Colchester
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 30, 2014

My husband and I decided to stop here for a late lunch. I found the restaurant on the web while on the road so we stopped on a whim. We almost drove out of the parking lot because there were no other cars but we are so glad we stayed! The staff was very friendly and knowledgable of the menu. Our lunch was delicious! The prices are very reasonable. I wish we didn't live so far away!! There is not a lot of seating but it is cozy and to me, true Italian cuisine.

Date of visit: November 2014

Reviewed November 6, 2014

This has quickly become my wife and my favorite restaurant. It has become our perfect date night experience. The owners and hosts are great and always greet us with smiles. The food is always excellent and if your lucky enough to visit when they have their filet of sole special with the ritz cracker topping order it. Its amazing. It is small so be sure to make reservations. I could drive and hour and not find a better experience. Do yourself a favor and visit here soon.

Date of visit: November 2014
Reviewed November 3, 2014 via mobile

We drive about a half hr. Pretty frequently to dine here. The staff has always been very attentive, courteous and informative. The owners work hard side by side with their staff which is great to see. The menu is small but the food is delicious. The place is very tiny so reservations are highly recommended on weekends or you will wait a while. Love it here!

Date of visit: October 2014
Reviewed October 2, 2014

I have been here for lunch a few times and it is a totally different experience. At dinnertime on a busy Saturday night you better know the owner or have a personal connection with the wait staff or you will be waiting for a long time for service. The food was overpriced and improperly cooked. Waitstaff kept bustling by our table to wait on the other VIP patrons! They told us about the specials but they didn't inform us that bread comes with the meal so we ordered garlic bread and had a table full of bread with a dipping sauce that someone's toddler made by putting too much red and black pepper in a plate of bitter olive oil. When we finally flagged down our waitress and asked for grated cheese, she very irritably shred it all over my plate, the table and on some of me. We won't be going back any time soon!

Date of visit: September 2014
7  Thank Renee J
Reviewed September 29, 2014

Have had dinner there on several occasions and always found the food excellent and the service above par. Staff works hard and maintains a friendly and personal attitude. Their wine paring experiences are great (with entertainment). Bar area small, but cozy, great for a drink and appetizer "Happy Hour" before dinner. Either as a couple or with friends, Café Mangia is the best!

Date of visit: September 2014