“One of the 10 Best Restaurant in Eastern Connecticut”
Review of Nu Nu's Bistro

Nu Nu's Bistro
Ranked #7 of 38 Restaurants in Colchester
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Stamford, Connecticut
“One of the 10 Best Restaurant in Eastern Connecticut”
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Fine Sicilian pasta and American game entrees served in the former living room of a colonial home in back of 45 Hayward Street by a family who cares about their cooking. It can be noisy and the service not on par with that in a city, but probably the best restaurant in eastern Connecticut except Cavey's in Manchester or the restaurants away in rural Pomfret.

• Visited December 2011

“Italian Cuisine at its best. Hidden from view in the Center of Colchester.”
Reviewed September 21, 2011

Hidden off the Cochester Green...out of sight is this fine restaurant serving delicious Italian fare for both lunch and dinner Tuseday thru Sunday. Wonderful specials and the wait staff that questions your taste before recommending a dish. Dishes are not overseasoned nor overfilled...... Desserts are worth sampling. BYOB as well.

• Visited June 2011
Dunnellon, Florida
“Awesome Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed September 16, 2011

You cannot do better than Nu Nu's Sunday brunch. This is as close to my Grandma's cooking as I have ever come in a restaurant. The staff is attentive and the selection is excellent. We have visited Nu Nu's for brunch and for dinner and always walk away full and happy. Definitely a gem in rural Colchester!

Visited March 2011
Colchester, Connecticut
“Great Local Flavor!”
Reviewed August 6, 2011

I went with a large group and the service was great! The restaurant serves fabulous Italian food along with american cuisine.The food was superb! Each dish is made to order. We sat upstairs. There are 3 rooms with seating upstairs and a large room on the bottom level. There are no elevators. The upstairs is like an old carriage house that has the original paint scheme on the walls. This resturant is BYOB! I recommend this resturant for a really good meal!

• Visited September 2010
USA
“My Favorite Restaurant in Connecticut”
Reviewed August 6, 2011

My husband and I found this gem earlier this year truly by accident. We were trying to find a mid-way point for my family who is spread out all over the state to meet up for lunch. My husband and I have gone back about a 1/2 dozen times after that. The last time we went was in May of this year for my husband's birthday. The restaurant was full when we arrived for dinner but we had made a reservation so we were seated immediately. My husband's favorite dish was their vegetable lasagna but it was a special and no longer carried it for the spring/summer months so he had my favorite which is the sausage and mushrooms over linguine. The mushrooms and the sausage are so flavorful and are covered in the most delectable mushroom sauce (I wish I knew what was in the sauce so I could describe it better....but I don't) the linguine is al dente and so fresh tasting. We had a lemon cake for dessert which was so good - it reminded me of my Nana's italian pastries. The other great thing about this restaurant is the bring your own beer/wine. You can bring a bottle of your favorite wine (and not have to pay restaurant prices) and all you have to do is pay a small uncorking fee. I don't know that its the most romantic restaurant because it gets really loud in the dining room when its crowded but my husband and I like that kind of atmosphere - reminds us of dinner with our families. Nu Nu's Bistro is a hidden gem and I can say that it is my favorite restaurant in Connecticut. You must try it for yourself!

• Visited May 2011