“Love this place”
Review of Priam Vineyards

Priam Vineyards
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: ​Priam Vineyards is a completely solar powered winery and sustainable vineyard nestled in the Salmon River Watershed area. Our thirteen International Award-Winning wines produced are estate grown, blended, bottled and cellared on premises.  The seasonally beautiful surroundings offer a number of outdoor activities throughout all seasons. Mohegan Sun Casino, Moodus Resort Area, the Goodspeed Opera House, the Spa at Norwich Inn, the Mystic Seaport, a number of state parks, including the Airline Hiking Trail are just minutes away. It’s a wonderful weekend destination for the entire family. Stop by to take in the beauty of the vineyard all year round. It’s a great place to truly get away from it all and experience the peace and serenity of the natural surroundings. We are open each season, March - December, with summer hours May - October. See our Directions & Hours for specific details on our upcoming schedule. Always check our website for any updates or changes on our holiday hours & daily schedule.
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I've been to this winery quite a few times as it's local to us. They have a very nice selection of award winning wines. Various levels (and prices) of tastings are available, and you take your wineglass with you when you leave. The atmosphere is very nice - they've got a great outdoor patio next to a garden, looking over to the vineyard. I have found at various wineries that what I like one year, I may not prefer the next year, and vice versa, however the Westchester Red has been consistently excellent. I have not attended any of the winery dinners as they're too pricey for my wallet. Like another reviewer, I too have been subject to the winemaker's political views which are not always in agreement with mine, however the winery experience itself is excellent.

2  Thank OtterTrips
There are newer reviews for Priam Vineyards

Reviewed November 26, 2012

My wife and I frequently visit this winery, but no more. We went in to enjoy a bottle of wine and conversation and ended up getting into a argument with the owner about politics.
He attempted to stuff his liberal/democratic views down our throats without sucess, so republicans/conservatives beware.

2  Thank lawrence s
ChateauGloria, Owner at Priam Vineyards, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to visit us and write this review.

I apologize as the Owner and Managing Partner, for the lack of respect you were shown. I will share this with my buisness partner, and encourage that all of our staff keep their personal opinions to themselves. Politics and religion are best kept to discussing in private and are completely inappropriate in a place of business.

I hope you will return for a wine tasting for you and a guest on the house. Please send a note to gloria@priamvineyards.com to let us know when you might consider returning.
Thank you.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stopped at Priam on the way back from Rhode Island recently and was very glad we did. The grounds are beautiful with sprawling vineyards and a large partially covered patio and plenty of tables to enjoy sitting outside for lunch or just a glass of wine.

I would certainly recommend the wine tasting including the dessert wines ($20), which includes chocolate and a glass to take home. We were able to try a good number of wines and our barrista (Jutta sp?) was absolutely fantastic. She was able to give us a little history and more back ground on each wine we tried. After the tasting, we decided to enjoy the view/nice weather and sit outside for a bit and enjoy a great bottle of wine. We didn't bring a lunch this time but certainly will return with it next time. We actually went back in and bought another bottle to bring home - which I would recommend anyone traveling to Priam take advantage of!

Great time - would recommend giving yourself some time to simply enjoy the atmosphere

1  Thank Sean M
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Great wine tasting selection, great patio, friendly and knowledgeable staff. Perfect spot for picnic on a nice day. Will definitely return

1  Thank SweetDee11
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Arriving at Priam you find a lovely setting, large patio and garden area with picnic tables, ideal for a picnic lunch after your tasting. Inside is very much an assembly line - staff are a little brusk in ordering you where to stand for your tasting. There are three levels - $7 for 6 wines, $14 for 3 more better wines and $20 for 2 more dessert wines. The portions are very very small - almost too small to really taste the wine. For the price, you really feel that you have been cheated. The wines, however, are quite good, and we bought a bottle of the Westchester Red at $19.50 - although good, I did so to support our local wine growers.