“A welcome addition to Colchester”

Ichiban Asian Bistro
Ranked #10 of 41 Restaurants in Colchester
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Delicious sushi, and Thai food,also offers some Japanese and Chinese food which I haven't sampled. Good eat in and take out service.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

We arrived on a busy Friday night and were warmly welcomed and promptly seated.
The menu was varied with plenty of Chinese, Thai and Japanese choices.
We enjoyed the Vietnamese egg rolls and Tobiko and Masago roe. Our dinners of Pad Thai and a seafood combination were nicely plated and tasty, but we thought they needed more "of a kick" with the seasonings.We did not care for the tea- it was too fragrant and too flowery tasting. We prefer plain, old black tea
Our server Jenny was delightful and efficient. We plan to return and try other entrees.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I questioned if I should write a review as I really have only tried the Chinese fare at this home of many cuisines. There is also Thai,Japanese and the Hibachi Grill which may very well deserve a higher rating. I don't want to cast any doubt on the entire restaurant based on my mere sampling of Chinese; but I was not impressed.

I will say this bistro has a warm and quiet atmosphere and by all appearances is as well maintained as it is decorated.

I found my dumplings underwhelming in size and taste. The fried rice was a generous portion to a fault as I could not eat that much fried rice in a week, which seems a waste. Make my dumplings larger and rice portion smaller and I would be happier; although I found the Chinese food to be average after 2 visits.

May be worth a try for the Japanese, Thai, etc....but I think I would not pay again for this Chinese cuisine.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Went here and found the portions average, quality average, and prices a little high. Get better sushi at Gung Ho.

1  Thank BigZ123
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Big menu, lots to chose from. Food is ok, not bad, but not amazing. The chicken is a little slimey, which I find a bit weird and unappetizing.