“Great Place to Stop For Lunch” 4 of 5 bubbles

Coffee Break
Ranked #1 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Clinton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mays Chapel
“Great Place to Stop For Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

We visit the CT shoreline every fall on our way to Maine. Coffee Break is a great stop to rest and have a good lunch at very reasonable prices. The staff is friendly and provides good service. We always enjoy the food including soups, sandwiches and hot platters. It is a locals place but visitors are always welcome. We look forward to our next trip and lunch there.

• Visited October 2012

Dover, New Hampshire
“Solo breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Good food, quick. Nothing fancy at all. I like it, I just wouldn't be excited to go back. It was VERY HOT...clean, plain breakfast food. A definite locals place. I needed a place that wasn't going to cost mucho $$$ and this was it. I was leaving my hotel (didn't feel like paying $38.00 for their Sunday brunch) and was going to stop off at the outlets in Clinton, so this was a no-brainer. Would I go out of my way to go back? Probably not. Would I eat there again if nearby? Probably.

Visited May 2013
Old Lyme, Connecticut
“Good atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

I came here to meet a friend and I really enjoyed the place. The clocks were cute and I liked how they went off at the hour. I was there for 2 hours catching up with a friend and our food came quick. We got coffee, but we were never asked if we wanted a refill. The food was nothing special.

• Visited April 2013
New York City, New York
“A good place for a breakfast with locals”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

This Main Street restaurant is a breakfast and lunch place, although I think of it as breakfast. The portions are generous and freshly made. Blueberry pancakes fill the plate, although a side of bacon is just two thin strips. They warn you right on the menu that they use real butter on the bread (yay) and you have to ask for it dry if you want it that way. Homemade corned beef hash, grits, nice staff and hot tea and coffee. Reasonably priced. Heavy on the stuffed flamingos inside, it is a place that does not take itself too seriously. If you are looking for Hamptons flashy, this is not the place. It is warm, comfortable, has a wooden tic tac toe game on every table... the kind of place where the same people go every day.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Best breakfast around - bar none”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Been going to the coffee break for years --- love the pancakes and waffles --- Fran keeps a clean eclectic restaurant ---