“Great Donuts”

Ranked #1 of 3 Bakeries in Clinton
Danbury, Connecticut
“Great Donuts”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

After seeing this place on a list of top donuts in the country, I knew I had to make the trip to Clinton to try for myself. Arriving at 1pm on a Sunday, I knew the pickings would be slimmer than if I had arrived in the morning but was still pleased when I walked in. The store is no frills as you would expect, and I ordered a glaze and jelly donut. The woman behind the counter was very friendly and chatty and offered to make me a new donut if I wanted one that they didn't have the one I wanted available. Lots of samples to try from as well. Donuts were fresh and worth the trip if you are looking for high-quality and great tasting donuts, at a reasonable price.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank manhack

“Great donuts!”
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

We have been there a couple of times. This is the best donut shop I've been to. The donuts are fresh and they have a large variety of donuts to choose from. Each time we have been there the staff has been very friendly and helpful. This is the place to go if you are looking for a great donut!!

Visited January 2014
“Best donuts and egg sandwiches ”
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

I am addicted to their bacon egg and cheese sandwich on a cheddar bagel - the finest sandwich I have ever had anywhere. And not just on one visit - consistently over time. A joy to eat. Doesn't help me in terms of my fitness regimen but you only live once and it's so good I don't care... I have narrated every detail of this sandwich to friends - I will not here - my enthusiasm is real in this..

The donuts are outstanding - nice to have these guys so close by. We always bring some home for the freezer.

connecticut
“Good donuts but owner/manager is horrible”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Excellent product but the owner needs some customer service skills. Better yet just make the donuts and don't interact with people at all.

• Visited September 2013
Thank michael.malchiodi
Madison, Connecticut
“Love the donuts but staff needs to be nicer.”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Great donuts but consistently unfriendly at counter. We have been going to Beach Donut since they were in their old location next door. It was always a friendly atmosphere. They are now selling a fine product but they need to do so with a smile and make the customer feel special. I'll try it one more time but after that I'll head toward Guilford in search of Cronuts.

• Visited September 2013