“Really good sushi”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Really good sushi”
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

I take my son here a several times a year and always enjoy it. My son asks to go and I don't need convincing. Occasional lunch with friends too. They do a good job with both the standards as well as the creative rolls - you really can't go wrong. The bento boxes for lunch are a good value and are tasty. A little pricy overall but the quality is really good so I don't mind - really not higher than any good sushi place. Service is always pleasant. Haven't been for hibachi yet but will get around to it at some point.

“Good sushi cuts ok taste - 3.5 stars”
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

There were 4 for dinner. The sushi deluxe was a great looking dish with generous cuts of fish. The tuna roll had large chunks of tuna with less rice than usually - perfect! The sushi tastes fine but was a bit bland.

The seaweed salad to start was very good but a bit pricey and the miso soup was a bit watery.

One diner ordered the bento box which was packed with a lot of food which I would imagine most diners would have to bring home - perfect for lunch the next day.

Another ordered the yaki-udon. It was a large portion. It was shared and enjoyed by the other diners as well. It too was not finished and will be enjoyed for lunch the next day.

The forth diner ordered a California roll, spring rolls and edamame beans.

Overall I thought it was closer to 3.5 vs 3 and would have gone to a 4 if the sushi was more tasty.

North Haven, Connecticut
“Good place for Lunch”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

My daughter and I have been here several times for Lunch -- the Sushi Lunch specials are plentiful and reasonably priced. Lunch specials are even available on Saturday. Service is friendly and attentive. Looking forward to visiting again when we're in the area.

Visited October 2013
clinton,ct.
“Is Hanami losing it?”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We have been to Hanami many times since we live close by.Lately the service has been beyond terrible.[It was never great.]The food is adequate when I crave sushi,but the quality of the fish is mediocre.In spite of the trendy rolls and colorful sauces,there's not much of interest.Their Branford branch is far superior.They really need to step up their game in Clinton or they're going to lose their advantage as the only act around.

• Visited October 2013
New Haven, Connecticut
“Dinner at Hanami Before The Show”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

it was a Saturday evening, before a local opera company's performance down the street at the Andrews theater. We decided upon Hanami for an early dinner. We will make sure that, prior to the next performance, that we seriously consider this fine restaurant.
We each ordered dinner "bento" boxes. These are good value as they allow one to sample tempura, teriyaki, California Roll, shumai, sticky rice and come with side salads and miso soup.
Mine was a salmon teriyaki, and my wife's was a shrimp teriyaki. Both were expertly prepared, with well-cooked ingredients; the shrimp tempura was especially good with a thin, crispy crust. We ordered dessert, which was mochi ice cream. The rice wrap seemed a bit doughy but the dessert was interesting, overall. Wine by the glass is reasonably priced.
Service was excellent. We were finished with our dinner in plenty of time for the opera.

• Visited August 2013