“Good sushi. Clean looking place”

Hanami Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 44 Restaurants in Clinton
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I have been twice and found the sushi to be fresh and creative. Its not a big place but I haven't had to wait for a place to sit even though they seem pretty busy at dinner hour.

1  Thank LeysaB

Reviewed May 6, 2012

As always, typical hibachi food is a little pricy, but the food was delicious. They have a decent size sushi bar and a small seating area with a private hibachi room. The food tasted practically identical to any other hibachi place that I have ever been to.

1  Thank Mark P
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Clinton really isn't where you'd expect to go for sushi, but I've been quite impressed with Hanami on my visits, and I think it's the best such place in New Haven county. Not as sophisticated as a few restaurants in New York, and the cold sake list isn't on a par with Yooki Yama in Branford, but an excellent choice nonetheless. Very good, very fresh fish (I mostly order sashimi), in fairly generous portions at a fair price, of all the kinds you would expect. And some you wouldn't: I had a really wonderful "orange clam" on one trip, and last night I was offered hamachi kama (yellowtail cheeks, roasted), a dish that sometimes appears on menus elsewhere, but which never seems actually to be available. A bewildering selection of interesting and well-made rolls. Courteous, attentive and knowledgable service. Pleasant, if not dramatic, surroundings. Free wi-fi (if that's how you want to spend your time). Nothing not to like.

1  Thank Yalinguist
Reviewed January 14, 2012

We have been here quite a few times and Hanami never disappoints. The sushi is always fresh. For those who don't like raw fish, they have a nice selection of vegetarian rolls and sometimes specials featuring cooked fish. Very nice teriyaki and noodle dishes as well.

1  Thank SailCT7
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I live in the area and this is my regular sushi haunt. I go there either by myself of with my fiance at least once every couple of weeks. The sushi is the best, the rolls are perfectly proportioned and the fish is always fresh. The sushi chefs will sometimes do a small, free sampler, and it's usually finger licking good. I have not had a dish that wasn't excellent. My fiance sometimes has a cooked dish, fish katzu usually, and while that's not my thing, he says it's excellent.

1  Thank SLJack