“Great food and huge portions”
Review of Log Cabin

Log Cabin
Ranked #3 of 42 Restaurants in Clinton
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Cardiff Wales
“Great food and huge portions”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

The food here was awesome. We had the stuffed mushroom and there were 9 huge ones. This was followed by salad and a sharing pasta dish. I had the steak which was too big to possibly finish and my partner had the veal. There was enough to bring home for an entire second meal. I found the price very reasonable and service not rushed.

• Visited March 2014

Branford, Connecticut, United States
“name change”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

ok for burgers and hot dogs I think it was better before the name change in my opinion heay traffic during the sumner months

Visited August 2013
“You will have enough to bring home for another meal.”
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

Portions are huge but are priced to match. Average entree is about $22-$25. Its relevant to the amount if food your getting so this is not a complaint. You are literally getting 1 meal to eat and enough to bring home for another meal. Our waitress was really great. The last time I was there was 20 years ago when it used to be a smoking restaurant. It was horrible and I never went back. Thank God for the no smoking laws as this restaurant has now broken out of its foggy past and is now a regular destination on my list.
Steak was huge but could have been more flavorful. Stuffed shrimp could have been a tad bigger and about 1/2 of the stuffing which also needed a little help. But my wife had an awesome seafood dish with clams, scallops, mussels linguini & calamari that was just as great the next night served again. I will return.

• Visited December 2013
Norwich, Connecticut
“You have to try the Log Cabin in Clinton, Ct.”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Between Rosie being a great server and friend by the end of our visit and the food, we could not have had a better Thanksgiving. All six of us traveled a good distance to go there and we will all do it again. As busy as they were, they never rushed us, it was as though we were the only guests in the restaurant. The Westermeyer family, Norwich, Ct. n

• Visited November 2013
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Less than I expected”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We decided to try the Log Cabin while shopping in the Clinton Ct. area. We started with NE clam chowder which was obviously canned, as it was not special at all. We then tried the clams casino which were very good and a nice touch was the bay scallops that were also included. Next came a pasta bowl that contained enough pasta for at least four people and was better than average. We the tried the surf and turf, a sirloin steak and two stuffed shrimp. Steak was cooked properly, but was a little tough. Stuffed shrimp were dry and not very flavorful. We also tried the Osso Buco which was very good,..moist, tender and with decent flavor. A difficult dish to prepare and not found on a lot of menu's. It was served an a bed of mashed potatoes that also were below average. All in all, this was not a bad experience, just average. Large portion sizes are a plus for the big appetite.

• Visited November 2013

Been to Log Cabin? Share your experiences!