“Great views during lunch!!”
Review of Rocky's Aqua

Rocky's Aqua
Ranked #2 of 42 Restaurants in Clinton
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Rocky's is located in Cedar Island Marina overlooking Clinton Harbor, Cedar Island and Long Island Sound. Enjoy the never ending activity with the constant boat traffic, the southwesterly trade winds on one of our two beautiful decks.
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We went to Rocky's on a Sunday afternoon around 3 pm with a party of 7 for a birthday. We had a reservation for inside, but luckily, there was room outside and staff was able to accommodate us with a table outside as soon as we arrived! The weather was beautiful and the views spectacular! We ordered oysters and clams from the raw bar (delicious!) and had sandwiches/fried seafood for our main courses. I would definitely recommend the BBQ Shrimp Wrap and the Seared Tuna sandwich. The birthday boy received a complimentary serenade as well as the best chocolate cake I've ever tasted! Thanks again for EVERYTHING, we will be back!!

Rocky R, Owner at Rocky's Aqua, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Hi Krissy, I'm happy it was a great day, it's what we strive for everyday........Next time you're in, please ask for me, I would love to meet you...

Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband and I met friends there last Thursday night for dinner. I ordered fried clams with mashed potatoes and corn on the cob. My husband ordered the seafood pasta. Our friends ordered lobster ravioli and not sure what the other dish was. In any case, we were all very disappointed to the point where I don't think we will return. The food was cold when served. I sent my corn back and didn't check the mashed potatoes which were cold too. The servings were very small for the price paid. I don't usually walk out of a restaurant hungry but in this case, I did. I don't think we will return. And oh by the way, my silverware was very dirty. Gross! But to be fair, my friend did like the lobster ravioli.

2  Thank Cindy G
Rocky R, Owner at Rocky's Aqua, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Hi Cindy, I can only ask that you give us one more chance, I can assure you that I will make good on your bad experience. Please also in the future here or any restaurant, ask for the owner or manager when something happens, we take great pride in making things right here. We are far from perfect, but I cannot do anything to correct any situation after you have left............

Thanks

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Have been here before under different ownership, thought we'd try it for a late lunch on a Saturday, busy but plenty of room, spacious covered deck overlooking the marina
Emma was our server, very pleasant and apologetic that they were out of both steamers and whole belly clams, now this is a waterfront,seafood place! We opted for Rhode Island chowder, full of clams, very good.
My Cobb salad was disappointing and unusual! Very little greens, grilled chicken cut into postage stamp size pieces.My husband settled on a fried fish sandwich as his other choices not available, nothing special.
Except for the view I would not go back, other waterfront places we will try before coming back here

2  Thank Kay C
Rocky R, Owner at Rocky's Aqua, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Hi Kay, I would greatly appreciate it if you gave us one more chance, we really work hard and care deeply about our customers and if you are willing to come back, I will make things right and prove to you that we are a great destination..........

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Service sketchy, food overrated.
Dinner for eight including three children. Salads pretty basic, blue cheese dressing was good, buffalo style mozzarella with tomato and basil was primitive fast food style and clam chowder was thin and tasteless. Main courses were no better. Attempts at sauces were unsuccessful and in most cases the meals would have been better without breaded scallops were generous but not tasty. Desserts and coffee un impressive. All in all second chance and would not go back.

1  Thank Chris G
Rocky R, Owner at Rocky's Aqua, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Hi Chris

I'm sorry your second attempt here was unsuccessful but I appreciate you giving us a try again. I am a little confused by a few of your comments, we have never ever had buffalo mozzarella and have never used breaded scallops, I'm wondering upon the many reviews you wrote if there was a mix up in some of the dishes. We also use Lavazza coffee which is one of the top rated coffees and we get many accolades for our desserts because they are all made here. I also would love to know what you didn't like about our service because we get so many wonderful comments from customers about how courteous and happy the staff is.

If there is anything you think I can do to make things right, please by all means, let me Know..............

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Rocky has done a wonderful job to make this the best spot on the Ct Shoreline. A great mix of the historical past and modern upgrade combined with a new menu and awesome view make this the place to go. We had lobster salad rolls and French fried onions rings on this years visit. Big juicy chunks of fresh lobster with a perfectly grilled New England style roll. Perfect! Nice crispy onion rings and great cocktails with the best view of Clinton Harbor. We used to be locals and appreciate the salute to the past with " the top of the dock" and "shanks" areas as well as the credits to some of the townspeople in the names of the dishes. Clinton folks if you haven't been there in a while, try it again. Vacationers and boaters stop here. Good work Rocky!!!

Rocky R, Owner at Rocky's Aqua, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to express your experience here, we constantly strive for excellence and your words tells me we are heading in the right direction.........

See you next year,

Rocky

Been to Rocky's Aqua? Share your experiences!