“Relaxation with a View”

Ranked #2 of 44 Restaurants in Clinton
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Rocky's Aqua is located in Cedar Island Marina overlooking Clinton Harbor, Cedar Island and Long Island Sound. Enjoy the never ending activity with the constant boat traffic, the southwesterly trade winds on one of our two beautiful decks.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had dinner here on a Saturday night with a party of five. We sat out on the covered porch. It was a hot, muggy evening, however with the awning covering it felt much cooler. This is the perfect place for a casual lunch or dinner and a few drinks. The location and view are perfect for outdoor summer time dining. The food is not 5 star, but for this type of atmosphere it is perfect. You can dress in shorts and a t-shirt or even get a little dressier with a sun dress. Definitely a go with the flow feeling. We were also impressed that the owner was greeting customers and also serving some tables. Very nice man. We will be back often this summer!

Rocky R, Owner at Rocky's Aqua, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Hi, thanks for your kind words, everyone here works very hard to make this restaurant an enjoyable experience. Please ask for me the next time you're in, I'd love to say hello and ask what we can do to improve our food product.

Hope to see you soon.......

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Had a birthday celebration last nite at Rocky's. It's all true about the fab views and great waitstaff. But honestly, the food was awful. I started with the lime citrus glazed sea scallops. There were 4 rubbery scallops, of different sizes. One was so small it was not worth serving or eating. There was no hint of lime flavor. The scallops were served on a bed of arugula drizzled with a balsamic blend. I would have liked more of the balsamic for dipping cuz the scallops were so dry. I then had the ahi tuna (not sushi grade) sandwich. It came out grayish in color, but an acceptable rare inside. The small tuna steak was overpowered by the huge ciabatta roll it was served on. Diced red onion and cucumber were all that was served as garnish. My son ordered the filet of beef medium, it came out rare. the coleslaw was very tasty. The best thing on our table was my daughters chicken strips and French fries. She had ordered a lemonade that came with floating fruit flies in it. Gross. I recommend everything about this restaurant except the food!

1  Thank Jacqui C
Rocky R, Owner at Rocky's Aqua, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Hi Jacqui

First and foremost, I accept full responsibility for your disaster at sea, you make some valid claims that I am working on, starting with our scallop appetizer, it is an area that we have been inconsistent with sizing and are working to correct.

Our Tuna is Yellow Fin fresh from our waters here in the Atlantic, we use the term Sashimi, not Sushi because it is served without rice. I'm sorry you didn't like our ciabatta roll but it has been a huge success for us, maybe a little big but very tasty.

Your sons steak coming out rare instead of medium, we certainly could have cooked it more for him, sometimes when we are crazy busy it can be difficult, but I'd rather it be undercooked if we are going to make a mistake.

I talked to your server about the lemonade and she assured me that she recognized the fruit flies at the table and took it right back. With 70% of our seating outdoors which is where you were sitting and doors opening and closing constantly, fruit flies and flies are extremely difficult to control.

The reason I accept full responsibility is that I was here and I try very hard to talk with every table each night, had I done that I think I could have corrected some of the issues. I ask you, that whether its this restaurant or any other, that when things aren't right ask to correct them at the time, its very difficult after you leave.

I would love for you to return so I can make things right for you. I work very hard to make this restaurant the best it can be, I'm proud of our food product and I especially love my staff and your server in particular. Please come back and I'll make a belated birthday celebration the best ever, I personally promise you............

860-664-3788

Reviewed June 15, 2013

the food and atmosphere, service was good, drinks were delicious. there were 4 of us and we had appetizers, chowder, specialty drinks and lunch entrees , everything was good and the view on the water is so relaxing on a nice day, they have indoor and outdoor seating and full bar, a good value and we will return

Rocky R, Owner at Rocky's Aqua, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thanks for the great review, we work very hard to be the best..........Next time you're in, please ask for me, I always look to improve and want to know what we can do to earn 5 stars from you...........

Thanks

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Amazing dishes, creative and flavorful! The atmosphere is awesome...great views and the new deck is just beautiful. A great place to go with family and friends. Food is amazing and the waitstaff impeccable. Try to get here once a week!

Rocky R, Owner at Rocky's Aqua, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Thanks for your comments, what you wrote is what my staff strives for day in and day out, hope to see you soon.......

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Easy to find spot at the Clinton Marina. Short trip from shopping at the outlets; why settle for fast food. Rocky welcomes you almost every night from Spring to Autumn. The view is right on the water indoors or out on the two patios. Food is exceptional with a wide variety to choose, from lobster sliders to gourmet burgers or full entrees prepared with flavor and detail in mind. At the risk of being forced to make reservations, everyone should try them out!

Rocky R, Owner at Rocky's Aqua, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Hi Joe, thanks for your feedback, those words are what we strive for every day. Please make it a point to say hello the next time you're here.......