“Still hungry....?”

Ranked #2 of 42 Restaurants in Clinton
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Rocky's is located in Cedar Island Marina overlooking Clinton Harbor, Cedar Island and Long Island Sound. Enjoy the never ending activity with the constant boat traffic, the southwesterly trade winds on one of our two beautiful decks.
Reviewed May 23, 2013

It kills me to only give 3 stars, I don't want to be a bugger. But, can't see a reason for 4. I was there 3-4 years ago and haven't been back until recently because it was so-so. The food was very run of the mill and portions small. I'm not a cow, just left feeling i unsatisfied. Anyway, 4 years later and had the exact same experience! Portions were small and so very boring in taste. Service was excellent though. Great place to have a drink on the ocean, but I would choose to dine elsewhere.

1  Thank ShorelineGuy
Rocky R, Owner at Rocky's Aqua, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Hi Kev,

I'm so disappointed that you had a not so great experience here, I (we) work so hard every day to make this restaurant a great place.

Please call me, I'd like to discuss your experience here and more importantly learn from you and how we can be the best the shoreline has to offer.

As far as your last experience, once I know who you are, there will be a gift card to make up for it.........

Hope to hear soon........

860-664-3788
cell 860-575-9230

Reviewed May 22, 2013

So many places to dine on the CT Shoreline, but Rocky's Aqua always delivers. This spring the menu has been freshened yet again, embellishing what is the best dining experience for miles around. Not simply the food - which is consistently very good -- not just the atmosphere, which is truly relaxed, and familiar (on your second visit, you're remembered as a regular) -- and not just the view, which is superb. Waterfront dining can be iffy, with the locale and view as a magnet, and the food taking second place. Not here, nope. You hear the term 'casual dining' a lot, but Rocky's Aqua truly embodies it. Truly friendly service (everyone there really appears to have a good time working), and everything from the quiet of the new outdoor dining area to the bustle of the bar. All, directly on the water at Clinton Harbor, with views of Cedar Island, the Sound, and beyond. That's why you'll see regulars from the neighborhood within walking distance, to folks making their way off 95, from along the Shoreline.

Rocky R, Owner at Rocky's Aqua, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words, my staff works so hard and hearing your words makes what we do so totally worthwhile.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I recently travelled to Clinton, and had the good fortune to stop at Rocky's Aqua. From the moment we walked in , to the moment we left we were treated to exceptional food and service. There is great food in many places, but when you combine good food with great service and a spectacular location it makes a good day great. Thanks to Rocky, Evan, Sam and our server Meggan. Your service was impeccable and the food was great. Next time I am in Clinton you can be assured I will return.

1  Thank Mike T
Rocky R, Owner at Rocky's Aqua, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you for your review, I'm happy you had a nice Mother's day with us. I also appreciate the constructive criticism, we are not perfect and the only way we can improve is to hear what people have to say...............

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Visited Rocky's for Mother's Day and had a great time. Stuffed shrimp, seafood combo and scallop entrees were all excellent. Service was very good. Lobster bisque was too thick for my taste but did have nice chunks of lobster. Raw bar items were excellent. Iceberg wedge was as described nothing special. Desserts are house-made and very good. Waterside location is great and most all of the tables have water views.

1  Thank MC7894
Rocky R, Owner at Rocky's Aqua, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Thanks for your kind words...............

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We spent a wonderful Mother's Day meal on the deck at Aqua, and all loved our meals. From clam chowder and lobster rolls, to delicious salads with grilled salmon - there was something for all of us and the service was excellent. There were lots of families there for Mother's Day, but it's great for couples too on a regular evening. We look forward to going back again soon and enjoying another great meal and beautiful views!

Rocky R, Owner at Rocky's Aqua, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

I'm happy we made Mother's day special, the next time you're here please ask for me..........I'd like to say hello............

Been to Rocky's Aqua? Share your experiences!