“Place with a past”
Review of Ortega's - CLOSED

Ortega's
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 23, 2013

So sad how many restaurants this place has been over the years. It's constantly changing hands, with the failing of another restaurant. I think the building is jinxed! Anyway, I did eat here just like I did every other restaurant that was here. Seems to be a lot of mixed reviews, but I thought it was good. Food was tasty, staff very friendly, and bathrooms incredibly clean. Too bad the parking lot is always empty...I see another changing of the guard in the near future.

Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

BEWARE! The food here is frozen or from a can. Don't waste your money on a groupon, it's not even worth it for a duscouny. Taco Bell is honestly better than this place. Nothing is fresh here.

I also find it highly ironic that immediately after every one star review attesting to the poor quality of frozen/canned tasting food on the menu, there is a five star review boasting how "authentic" the food is. I understand people have different views, but the difference in opinion varies so drastically the five star ratings clearly seem staged to boost stars to be attractive to grouponers.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

My family has been to Mexico many times and Ortegas is our favorite restaurant. Everything is flavorful and authentic, even my kids love this place. Favorite dishes include the chile relleno, taquitos, shrimp verde enchiladas and beef fajitas. The waitstaff are warm and welcoming, the food is delicious and both the margaritas and sangria are wonderful.

1  Thank C D
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Everything served tasted like it came out of a jar or can. I've had frozen meals that tasted better. The atmosphere and service were ok, but the food was not restaurant quality.

1  Thank Denise S
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I live in Phoenix and am picky about the Mexican food that I eat. Went to Ortega's and had some enchiladas with their Tomatillo sauce. It was great! Their chips and salsa are good also. Don't miss the Jalepeno poppers which are tasty and not hot. I hope to go here again soon!