“Not a Place for Friday Night Pizza” 1 of 5 bubbles

Vespucci's
Ranked #5 of 51 Restaurants in Cheshire
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cheshire, Connecticut
“Not a Place for Friday Night Pizza”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

Had an abysmal experience picking up my pizza. Got there after calling ahead and being told to come in 45 minutes, and then had to wait ANOTHER 45 minutes. Pizza wasn't that good either--many better choices around town. Don't bother with this place!

• Visited June 2013

Hamden, Connecticut
“As close to home made as you can get”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

This restaurant has been around for over nine years and this week was the first time that I had an opportunity to check it out. It was packed so it took a little longer than expected to get served but we wound up placing it with the owner's son who saw the need to assist instead of just supervising. He boasted how his dad has been the primary chef since it opened.
The chicken soup was better than I make at home and my veal entry was so tender and drenched with lemon sauce like I prefer, and the vegetable side dish was just as enticing. It also came with a salad, freshly baked bread, and a dish of rice. Even had a couple of scoops of vanilla gelato which I usually pass on. Noticed all the while there, a large number of take out orders for pizza and other items kept coming in. To say this place is popular is certainly accurate, and after finally enjoy my perfectly prepared meal, I can see why!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Richard P
Waterbury, Connecticut
“Waiter was preoccupied and meal was tainted...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have only been there twice now and I will never return again and I will tell everyone I know of the terrible service. I ordered a smoked salmon sandwich it came with sweet potato fries. We asked for water and our waiter brought it to us in plastic cups and no straws. I had to look around for straws and couldn't find any. So, I walk towards the entrance and found a waitress hiding in the kitchen alcove picking her nails with a straw. Anyway, I got the straws and went back to my group. So shortly thereafter we were served our lunch order. I couldn't believe they used stale bread and spoiled salmon, the sandwich was suppose to be dressed with arugula with dressing and cheese of some sort. It was awful, the salmon was thick and off color. I pointed it out to the waiter when he graced us with his presence, he was so preoccupied with a couple of other patrons who were discussing realty. We were three guests of a total of 5 people in the place. I am shocked that he didn't even offer me anything else to eat or offer to take something off the bill.

I was violently ill the next morning and it pretty much lasted all day. I will never return again!

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank JuwelsMorelli
Connecticut
“Great food, great service- and at a reasonable price.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

We live in Cheshire and love Vespucci's for both a great pizza for take out or a nice dinner on a date night. The food is really good and we have always had great service.

Visited March 2013
Hartford, Connecticut
“Close by”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Went here last night for the first time.
The menu has a good variety of classic italian items, along with a few nice steak options. I requested Filet with au poivre instead of the bernaise it comes with, it showed up with bernaise, but not a big deal because the bernaise was tasty. Filet was cooked perfectly. house made mashed was nice but could use a touch of garlic. Green beans were over cooked for my liking, Classic presentation.

My wife had the lobster rav and liked it alot. I doubt these are made in house, but you never know. Even if they are bought, they looked to be of very high quality. Basil/Pesto Cream sauce on that was a unique pairing, but worked.
I had a taste of the Tortellini Alla Romano and thought it was great. It's pretty much a carbonara sauce, which is one of my favs.
House wines were passable, we didnt have dessert.
Server was very attentive and kitchen was fast. A+ except for the incorrect sauce
Prices are fair for the area.

Hoping to see a rabe, sausage, white bean app, but there wasnt one currently on the menu. Maybe next time, We will be back.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Vespucci's? Share your experiences!