“Close by”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Went here last night for the first time.
The menu has a good variety of classic italian items, along with a few nice steak options. I requested Filet with au poivre instead of the bernaise it comes with, it showed up with bernaise, but not a big deal because the bernaise was tasty. Filet was cooked perfectly. house made mashed was nice but could use a touch of garlic. Green beans were over cooked for my liking, Classic presentation.

My wife had the lobster rav and liked it alot. I doubt these are made in house, but you never know. Even if they are bought, they looked to be of very high quality. Basil/Pesto Cream sauce on that was a unique pairing, but worked.
I had a taste of the Tortellini Alla Romano and thought it was great. It's pretty much a carbonara sauce, which is one of my favs.
House wines were passable, we didnt have dessert.
Server was very attentive and kitchen was fast. A+ except for the incorrect sauce
Prices are fair for the area.

Hoping to see a rabe, sausage, white bean app, but there wasnt one currently on the menu. Maybe next time, We will be back.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I eat lunch here about once a month and am never disappointed. The pizza and grinders are always well prepared and generous portions. The lunch specials are very good as well.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Have had take away meals from Vespucci's numerous times and am very fond of the pizza and the Italian specialties. We had a family celebration here last week and were very happy. The place was hoppin- it was a Saturday evening, but they were able to seat our group of 14 immediately.
Drinks all around- carafes of house red and white, soda for the kids, appetizers ordered, came out fairly quickly. Our waiter let us know that the kitchen was backed up and our dinners might take a little while, so we placed our orders, made sure the kids ordered salads, and settled in for some good catch up.
Dinners came out in about 30 minutes, but between apps, bread and salads, everyone was happy. Dinners ranged from lasagne, scallops, stuffed sole, lobster ravioli, fettucini, ribeye steak to my risotto with spinach, mushrooms, squash and roasted tomato sauce. All were pleased with their selections, everyone tucked in and ate almost every bite. Our server was attentive and courteous, and the bill was so reasonable I double checked it to make sure they had not forgotten anything! Will definitely be back.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Since my last review of Vespucci's in March of 2012 I have been there for dinner 3 times. My prior experience with Vespucci's was nothing like my recent experiences. The food has always been outstanding, and considering the quality of the menu selections, the price-point is fair. Great food is something we don't mind paying for. Therefore, as I would have expected, once again, dinner was excellent. What changed? Apparently my 2012 "inattentive service" experience was not the norm, because since that visit, I've had nothing but smiling, prompt, and friendly service. I'm now a loyal fan of the delicious food, beautiful presentation, and terrific service. This is a place you have to try....whether you be local or not. It's worth the trip!!

1  Thank CT-OldGuy
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Very good food, plentiful servings, a bit pricey, but the best Italian food in town. Even welcome selections for vegetarians!

Been to Vespucci's? Share your experiences!