“You can’t be serious”

Blackie's Hotdog Stand
Ranked #1 of 6 Quick Bites in Cheshire
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 2, 2019 via mobile

I really have no idea how this place has a decent rating. It’s literally stop and shop hot dog buns and the cheapest smallest hot dogs you ever saw. Nothing else really. You can’t even order fries. Ridiculous.

Date of visit: June 2019
Write a reviewReviews (155)

Reviewed May 29, 2019 via mobile

You don't need to spend days looking at a menu here. One dog, two or three? Soda or chips? Don't ask for chilli, cheese, ketchup or anything other than the spicy brown mustard or hot relish you slather on yourself. The dogs are fried, giving the casing a bit of a snap when you bite in. Blackie's has been a local favorite forever. I can see why it's not everyone's piece of hotdog heaven, but it works for me. It's well worth stopping in and trying yourself.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed May 23, 2019 via mobile

The food is pretty decent. It’s a no frills place, counter service and cash.

The only reason I even looked at writing a review is because the customer service was horrible. I asked for two dogs with mustard and onions and a bag of chips. The guy said he couldn’t do condiments but pointed me to a spot to get them, then chuckled and said they don’t do onions. That’s fine. Only thing there was mustard and their house made relish, also good. After I fixed up my dogs, I asked if they had something to wrap them in because I was taking them to go. He swung out a commercial sized roll of foil and told me to “Have at it”.

I know this place has been around for a long time, but I will never go back.

If you want a great dog, with great service, drive another 1/2 mile to Frankie’s.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed May 15, 2019 via mobile

We used to live in Cheshire Ct., and needless to say, we went there often. When we moved to Vermont and then to Texas, we made it a point to go there whenever we went to Connecticut. They make great hotdogs BUT it is their homemade relish
that makes the dogs special. We recently ordered a case(12 jars) of their relish from their website because it is hard to eat hotdogs in Texas without their relish.....
Family friendly place. If you want something to eat other than hotdogs or burgers, you will need to go elsewhere. If you do go there, when you want to order
Hotdogs, just say the number, like 2 or 4;
no need to mention hotdogs at all!!!
They will know what you mean, and will make you look like locals.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed April 7, 2019 via mobile

You want history, this place is for you. I’m a repeat fan and have enjoyed their hot dogs, burgers, salsa, mustard, and root beer. They’ve been doing it since 1928 and have to be visited regularly by those television food shows. The burgers come medium so you have to order ‘em well if that’s your flavor. The hot dogs are juicy and are perfectly done with the house condiments. The inside is old and always clean, you can tell the seating area is decades old but still full of comfort. Yeah, I’m trying to get you to go because you should patronize a place that works as hard as Blackie’s does to satisfy their customers. 5 Stars.

Date of visit: April 2019
1  Thank thebeardedwalk

Been to Blackie's Hotdog Stand? Share your experiences!