“it is the relish”

Blackie's Hotdog Stand
Ranked #6 of 52 Restaurants in Cheshire
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Most people that go to Blackie's rave about the relish, which is home made. And in truth I do like their relish, the problem is the hot dogs. They serve the small one and they are not that good, the relish does help, but not enough to keep us going back. By the way it is a HOT relish.
We buy their relish which they do sell and then put it on our own hotdogs, Much cheaper and better.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I don't understand the complaints about this place. I have been here a few times and it's always delicious. It's a hot dog stand people--not a sit-down restaurant that serves gourmet meals you can't pronounce. Wake up and smell the relish!

You get what you pay for, in this case it's delicious hot dogs at a reasonable price.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I can make just as good a hot dog at home. their sauce seemed better in years past. I used to go there with my family when I was growing up.

2  Thank Donna S
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Okay folks.....it's a hot dog. It's a crappy hot dog at that.

You can get a better one down the road at Costco. If you go in the grocery aisle you can get better relish.

Skip this place and stop by 7-11 and get a one of their Big Bites.

1  Thank wawwie
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Blackies is the most old fashion stand you'll see basically just dogs... Like mine well done so I just yell three well!
Dogs are like a buck seventy five where you gonna get that?