“It's still the one!!”

Blackie's Hotdog Stand
Ranked #6 of 52 Restaurants in Cheshire
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Some things never change and Blackies is proof,I remember going there as a kid and now I am bringing my Kids.still the best dogs and relish anywhere and that includes that Prospect Diner,no on compares to Blackies!!!!!!

Reviewed September 14, 2012

To start with, they fry their dogs. Makes 'em real crispy and juicy. Then they make their own mustard. No way to describe it - well, let's say it is very different - tangy - strong but not hot. People walk out of here with boxes of these dogs. I ate six!!!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I have been passing by Blackie's for decades and finally decided to drive there specifically to have some stellar hot dogs and perhaps experience some new and exotic combination. Nothing was futher from the truth.

They only have one kind of dog...plain. You have to add either their relish, yellow mustard, and ketchup...this is it. I couldn't believe it.

I was very disappointed. The dogs that I did pick up were for my friends and they said the dogs were very good, but they too were very disappointed because they couldn't get chili, onions, and even bacon. What a disappointment.

I won't be going there again. I'm sure they were the deal back in the day, but not for me. But, if you are loyal to Blackie's, then by all means, continue. It isn't that the food is bad, because it is obviously good, but there isn't very much else, not eve bacon.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

I have stopped going altogether. I had been going for years, but it seems they switched to poor quality, smaller hotdogs and that's a no-no. I was extremely disappointed the last time I went. I still love the relish of course, but I can buy that at the grocery store and put them on quality hotdogs at home. Too bad--nothing lasts forever...

Reviewed September 2, 2012

If you are looking for a nice, elegant restaurant look else where. This is an old time counter and stools type of place that happens to have THE best dogs you will ever eat! The relish and mustard make the hot dogs exceptional. Get a birch beer to go with them. I can't drive past without stopping and getting at least one.