“A Local Gem with Amazing Food and Service!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 51 Restaurants in Cheshire
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Beacon Falls, Connecticut
“A Local Gem with Amazing Food and Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

My husband and I just tried CJ Sparrows this past week as we had a Living Social coupon. We could NOT have been MORE impressed with the food, drink, and the service was exceptional. Our waitress was beyond friendly and personable and gave us great recommendations. The menu has everything from burgers (amazing!!!) to ahi tuna and everything in between. The smoked gouda appetizer is to DIE FOR!!!! We both had burgers and they were top notch. The also offer local Cheshire made beer that my hubby loved and their martinis are out of this world. Can't say enough great things about our experience - we will back many more times!!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank ljp2704

Cranston
“Great place to catch a bite & pint”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

I live in a neighboring state, so when friends took me to C.J. Sparrows, I was delightfully surprised. The food tastes great, bar service is fast and friendly, its affordable, and the staff are knowledgeable and welcoming.

I always try to stop in whenever I am in town. If you're in the area, I highly suggest you stop in. They even have events from time to time (like karaoke, I believe).

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Ezriela86
Meriden, Connecticut
“Great Pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

Seven people met here for a mini-reunion. We were given a great table in the back. Everyone had a good time with good food. The oriental salad is hardly pub food served in a large wooden bowl big enough for a family! The special appetizer we had was the bomb. Great plaace for singles, couples or friends in a cozy atmosphere. The band playing was extremely good and most of us danced. A good time by all.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Loretta P
CT
“Great Food and Nice place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

The martinis are great, I like to see what comes out of the kitchen before I order, usually that helps me decide. Not this time everything that came out of the kitchen looked great. I had the onion soup yummy. I then had the pastrami really good and I love the cole slaw. The peanut butter pie is amazing, I had one to go too We will be back, a little hard to find at night but once you get in everyone is very friendly, I like that. Will be back this month.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank dormaggy
Naples, Florida
“Suprisingly Good Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

C. J. Sparrow's sits in a small strip mall and is almost not visible from the street. Parking is limited in the front but there is plenty around back. The overall experience with the food was very good. Sparrows has a surprisingly large menu and a list of daily specials that exceeds what one would expect in a small pub like establishment. They are particularly known for their burgers and mine was cooked perfectly and nicely served. I rated the place a bit lower because of the overall ambience and cleanliness. It could use some sprucing up to go along with its excellent menu. If you like good food at a reasonable price, this is the place!

• Visited October 2013