“Very good experience”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Some early reviews indicated difficulties coming out of the gate, but our dining experience was terrific and i would recommend Luca for those looking for a better dining experience in Cheshire. I shared a fried mozzarella appetizer which was served with a perfectly seasoned marinara. Veal saltimbocca was the entree and was served with garlic mashed and steamed broccollini. All were excellent. Dinner was followed by dessert martinis and the bartender accommodated our request for tiramisu martinis which were not on the menu. Everything was yummy! Our server (Colleen) was attentive, polite, and knowledgable about the offerings. We will definitely dine at Luca again.

2  Thank 06410cheshirect

Reviewed August 30, 2012

My husband and I have eaten here several times this summer. The wait staff was attentive, but not overbearing. The food was well prepared and we enjoyed the variety of choices. Each time we went we had different friends join us and every time we were very pleased with the entire experience. The only drawback is that it is that it can be noisy when crowded. We will return often for the great food and service.

2  Thank Lenatcheer
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Thanks to a gift from our friends, we have been introduced to Ristorante Luca. I would like to share a special experience about outstanding customer service. My husband and I, on the spur of the moment, on a Sunday night before the long 4th of July holiday, called to see if we could get a quick dinner. Not only did the chef, the server (Carolyn), and the owner say absolutely, but unbeknownst to us, they stayed open just to accommodate us. We enjoyed a wonderful meal and we never felt rushed. (We ate quickly though, because the food was so good!!!!!)

On other dining occasions with friends, there have been very good specials at Luca's, such as Ladies' Night, where certain items are $15, including appetizers and desserts. There are also a number of specials on Sunday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, and this is not a limited menu, as in some restaurants that run "specials".

The acoustics are not the greatest in the main dining area, but that did not stop me from giving the restaurant Five Stars. The staff is very friendly, the food is very fresh and delicious, and the portions are large. Overall, I hope that this restaurant does very well in Cheshire. Parking is no problem, and there is easy access from I-691 and Route 10.

2  Thank Connie H
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I wanted to like this establishment. I loved everything about it except for one thing. The acoustics in the main dining room are absolutely terrible. The dining room was only half full when we dined and it was impossible to have a conversation with my wife without shouting back and forth across a two person table. The dining took is in need of some wall hangings and curtains to absorb the echoing sounds in the room. It was so bad, that although we loved the food and service, we will not return. I like to talk with my dining companions, not shout to them. If they ever fix this problem, we will return.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

My 5 friends and I chose Luca for our monthly dinner.
The restaurant was quite crowded since Thursday night was "Ladies Night".
We all ordered from the $15 special menu which offered appetizer, entree and dessert.
There were enought choices to please everyone. Salad was also included with the dinner.
I enjoyed the perfectly done calamari, tasty salmon and rice pudding.
My friends enjoyed their's too.
The service was excellent.
We would dine there again and try their regualr menu.

1  Thank BamTgg