“Great coffee”

Cheshire Coffee
Ranked #1 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Cheshire
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed October 12, 2016 via mobile

The guys and girls working there are nice and helpful. Great coffee and their granola bars are really good. I'm not a fancy coffee drinker so I can't comment on the frothy stuff. I keep my cup-o-Joe simple. Definitely worth stopping in for a good cup of coffee.

Reviewed October 12, 2016

Can't say I am a regular here, but the times that I do stop by I realize the coffee is tastier than your regular coffee chains like Dunkin' Donuts. Great place for relaxing and working. The granola bars are a favorite of our friends in Massachusetts! They make us buy them and ship up to Mass.

Reviewed September 8, 2016

We usually go to the Waterbury location (next to Costco) which we enjoy. We like the Cheshire location a bit better. Better ambiance, same great service and coffee but, this place is more inviting. Also like their treats

Reviewed September 5, 2016 via mobile

This used to be my favorite coffee place until today. I have a severe nut allergy and the two baristas (a blonde with glasses and a tall brunette man) questioned my allergy and gave me a hard time. Cheshire Coffee uses a communal stirrer to stir their lattes. I always ask that they not use the communal stirrer and use a disposable one instead since the communal stirrer may have stirred almond milk or hazelnut syrup. Up until today, the staff has always been great about this. Today, the brunette who helped us at the register, who was very nice, went over and informed the two baristas of my allergy. They automatically dismissed her and told her it was fine bc there are no nut products behind the counter (which is not true). The lady at the register came back and said to us "They never listen to me." and appeared flustered that they just dismissed her. Since I did not trust the blonde barista, I walked over and watched her make my coffee. Her and the male barista were discussing how my request was ridiculous. The blonde barista proceeded to stir my latte with the communal stirrer right in front of me. When I said something to her, she told me there are no nut products behind the bar. I then said "So you have never made a coffee drink with almond milk or hazelnut syrup?" She just went silent and I asked her to remake my drink. She then stormed over and grabbed wooden stirrers, flipped them in me and my husband's face, and aggressively said "I'm stirring it with these." After I was handed my latte, I wondered off to the bathroom and the male barista told the female barista that me asking them to not use the communal stirrer was the most ridiculous thing he's ever heard. My husband then questioned him and the male barista continued to mouth off to my husband. From a customer service standpoint and an allergy awareness standpoint, neither of these employees should be working in the food industry. They clearly do not understand the severity of food allergies and because of this my husband and I will never go back to Cheshire Coffee. The coffee is great but it is not worth getting sick over. If you have a sever allergy beware.

Reviewed August 22, 2016

The best coffee shop ever. Great selection Great quality. Fair prices. Cheshire location better than Waterbury