Chundu Island Camp
$829
  • Breakfast included
A'Zambezi River Lodge(Victoria Falls)
$170
$148
Batonka Guest Lodge(Victoria Falls)
$275
Elephant Hills Resort(Victoria Falls)
$199
$194
Cresta Sprayview Hotel(Victoria Falls)
$106
$99
$149
$136
Agoda.com
N1 Hotel Victoria Falls(Victoria Falls)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
Ilala Lodge(Victoria Falls)
$247
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Victoria Falls Safari Lodge(Victoria Falls)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsan hourvictoria fallszambezi rivertripsnaturefishinglodgezambiadeckwalksactivities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at Chundu Island in early November for 2 nights. I wished I had of booked for longer. It was beautiful. The hosts, Jon and Sarah made my experience even better with their warm and pleasant personalities. My chalet was beautiful - and the outdoor shower was luxurious!

We saw lots of wildlife– including elephants, elan and the shy finfoot.

Will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 3, 2013

This really is a once in a lifetime experience, we spent two nights and it wasn't long enough! Jon and Sarah were fantastic hosts with such warm hearts. We were delighted with our chalets - they are very luxurious and we had the most comfortable beds in our whole time in zim. The showers are amazing and the water is always hot. We had river cruises, game drives and a nature walk. We saw elephant, hippos, zebra, giraffe, buffalo, eland, sable, wildebeest and a jackal. This is also bird watchers paradise and we saw too many to mention, including a schalow's turaco which my husband was delighted about! The food was wonderful - Sarah was cooking whilst we were there and she really did herself proud! Thank you so much jon and sarah for a wonderful stay,we will never forget it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jane-ewan
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Recently, I was fortunate enough to visit Zimbabwe for the first time, and even more fortunate to have been staying at Chundu Island! Our hosts, Jon and Sarah, picked us up in the town of Victoria Falls and we began a one hour game drive through the Zambezi National Park, tracing the River, to the camp. It didn’t take us long to spot the first game as we encountered an elephant road-block... This presented the first of many magnificent photographic opportunities during our stay.

Chundu Island is an island in the magnificent Zambezi River, only accessible to those staying at the Chundu Island Camp. It seemed as if we were treated to a private sanctuary in the middle of the Zambezi National Park, a place where we could truly unwind and soak up the unspoilt nature.
We arrived to a delicious lunch and then were showed to our tent. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I opened to door to a kind-sized bed with crisp, white cotton linen that engulfed me during my afternoon siestas. I also loved the en-suite outdoor bathroom, where I enjoyed many a lingering shower under the stars.

We will most certainly be visiting Chundu Island again. Until then I will dream of the view from the deck over the Zambezi, being serenaded by hippos and watching the thirsty game drink from the opposite bank.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Roanna V
Reviewed September 12, 2013

A camp on an island on the Zambezi in a National Park not far from Victoria Falls, what more can you ask for! We were delighted to spend three nights with Jon and Sarah and the resident bush buck on chundu Island. We spent mornings doing bird walks on the island followed by boat cruises along the banks of the Zambezi and in the afternoon we went on game drives in the National park. The bird life was amazing ( African Skimmers, rock pratincoles, Brownhooded Kingfishers, white fronted bee eater ) as well as the wildlife that we saw ( Elephants 100+, Buffalo, Hyena, Ant Bear and many more ). We slept amazing well in comfortable beds and ate great food. Chundu Island was the end point of our three week trip and it was also the highlight.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Chundu is so close to bustling Victoria Falls, only 15km upstream yet so far away from civilization, you feel you are in paradise. We spent one night as [part of a group of 6 and Sarah and Jon made us so welcome. Great food service and warm hospitality. This is a birders paradise, with specials such as Finfoot, Pels Fishing Owl, Half Collared Kingfisher and Rock Pratincole on your front doorstep. We even saw a Finfoot from the bar area! Go there before the masses find out. Awesome!

Room Tip: All rooms face the river so any room is great
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank ChrisW311
Sarah N, Manager at Chundu Island Camp, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Thanks Chris for the review! Was so great to have you all out here. Recently seen the Shalow's Turaco in the bar area which was a real treat (the Finfoot is still cruising around in front of the deck) and we saw the African Skimmers in the beach on the western end. So looking forward to having you back for a visit!