“Best Thai Restaurant in the Farmington Valley”

Green Papaya Thai Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 40 Restaurants in Canton
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 4, 2013

There are a couple Thai options in the Farmington Valley area, but this is my favorite for the casual atmosphere and great food. It's set in an old house and the seating arrangements reflect that-- which I think adds to the charm of the place. I have always gotten an excellent meal and good service. Perfect place for a casual date or a family meal. If you are visiting the Hartford area and looking for a non-chain dining option, this is a sure bet!

PS-- it's BYOB so don't forget to bring along your favorite beverage of choice.

1  Thank Bill M
There are newer reviews for Green Papaya Thai Restaurant

Reviewed November 11, 2012

This restaurant has its ups and downs. Sometimes the food is excellent, sometimes not. It is a very small staff so possibly the chef is not the same. Last night, the food was wonderful. The rooms are cavernous and can be cold. The preparation can be slow. It usually is if the good chef is working. If you love Thai, it is worth going to. We loved the pad thai with crispy won tons.

2  Thank Lulupink2
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Seriously yummy. My husband and I were visiting and this was just down the street from where we were staying. We went out the first night and the ladies who ran the place were all very nice. It has a small yet nice atmosphere. It was so good we decided to get take out the second night! I had the green curry and it was some of the best I've had outside Thailand. My husband got the massaman curry and asked for it spicy...and it was (I would hesitate threatening the chef!). My family got the spicy eggplant, which is their staple. Thank you for a wonderful meal!

1  Thank Sara W
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I absolutely love this food! The Kai-Ka-Prow is my favorite dish. Other recommendations: The Chicken Satay, Shrimps in a blanket, Curry Puffs, Chicken fried garlic/jasmine rice, and the
Pad-Keemao (Drunken Noodles). I haven't eaten in but the takeout has always been consistent. A little pricey but so worth it!

Reviewed August 15, 2012

BYOB!!!
Rapid service on a quiet Wednesday night.
Nice soups, Tom Kar and Clear broth both with chicken. Very large portions.
Excellent Asian salad.
Chicken with broccoli, cashews, and peanut sauce very, very tasty. Again great portion.
Many choices with fresh vegetables and wonderful seasoning.