“Lunch Lovely”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I met a friend here recently after a shortened work day. Although the restaurant was fairly un-busy the wait for food seemed a bit long until I realized that each dish is customized. I was just really hungry. However, when the food was delivered it did not disappoint. Luscious and healthy . . . exceptional!

1  Thank MitziMaplevale

Reviewed February 5, 2012

Went here once a few years ago and wasn't impressed, but still stopped in for some takeout the other night. Got the chicken pad thai, and immediately noticed a rancid smell coming from the bag. Thinking it must be the smell of a strong spice, I ignored it, assuming it was normal. People around me also remarked that it smelled rotten and suggested I not eat it. However, in denial I still started to eat it and it was sour and funny tasting. Thinking that they would never have dared giving me rotten food, I still choked down a few bites. It was a matter of less than an hour before I was violently sick. I'm not a picky eater, and have never experienced anything like this from a restaurant before. Will never go here again, and I suggest you don't either.

3  Thank 578,105,710
Reviewed February 27, 2011

The service is great, but it does take a while for dish to arrive...because everything is made fresh to order. The quality of the dishes far surpass Vien Thong, which is now called Elephant something. Green Papaya is the best!

1  Thank Sugarjo62
Reviewed December 29, 2010

Great Thai Restaurant. Food is freshly made and delicious. BYOB makes this an affordable night out with friends and family.

1  Thank SimscityDiner
Reviewed October 31, 2010

It was quite a surprise to find a relatively decent Thai restaurant in little ol' Canton, CT. The food is tasty. The fare is standard Thai fare, nothing too different or original. I have to say the portions are much smaller than many similar restaurants and it is certainly pricier than most Thai restaurants. The service is good. Apart from the price and value for money, my biggest complaint is that you leave the restaurant with your clothes smelling of Thai food...a little bit of a problem if you are going back to work or somewhere else after your meal.

Been to Green Papaya Thai Restaurant? Share your experiences!