“Yummy! Good prices!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Saybrook Fish House
Ranked #1 of 36 Restaurants in Canton
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Philadelphia, Pa
“Yummy! Good prices!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

They were accommodating to crack a whole lobster for a first timer. There was plenty of food & the prices were not exorbitant. Everything was good to order. It was nice to eat at a seafood restaurant that had more then the standard Red Lobster fare. Restaurants like this are few; especially in the Philadelphia area.

• Visited July 2013

Dallas, Texas
“The Owner is a Jerk!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

This used to be one of our favorite restaurants in CT. However, one evening I ordered the blackened salmon (as I always do), and it came out with skin on the bottom (gross!). When I asked the waitress to remake it the owner, Joe, came over and condescendingly told me that's how it comes. I showed him the pile of skin I removed and he denied it to be skin. Despite the pile of gray matter on my plate. He then rudely told me (while chuckling) that he would have it re-made but it would come out the same. He really was the hugest jerk I've ever dealt with in the restaurant industry and that includes fast food. Based on his behavior we will NEVER eat there again. I also asked some of his employees what it was like to work for him and they said it was miserable. He was so mean and loud that I left in tears. NEVER AGAIN unless it changes ownership. His attempt at humiliating me was disgusting.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank AGMG5
Bristol, Connecticut
“A great seafood experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

My wife and I went to the Saybrook Fish House for lunch today. We had been there before and were always happy with our meals. Today was no exception, if fact, it was the best meal I have ever had there! The service was fabulous, the waitress was still training but did a great job. All food arrived at the proper time and was delicious. Once again, I would recommend this restaurant to anybody who loves seafood!

• Visited June 2013
Canton, Connecticut
“Mostly very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

My wife and I visited on a Saturday evening and decided just to sit at the bar for dinner. The service was excellent. Both bartenders were extremely busy, but smiling and attentive. Mushroom caps appetizer stuffed with crabmeat very good, and my wife anjoyed a house salad with salmon. Only downside was the clam chowder. The broth was thick and tasty, but there was nothing in it. Literally one clam and no potatoes, and I didn't think it was worth ruining an evening over to complain about it. Have had it before and it was excellent.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Bristol CT
“great seafood dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

I went for my birthday last month, and everything was delicious. I had a wonderful baby green salad and fish cooked perfectly.

Visited March 2013