“great seafood dinner”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I went for my birthday last month, and everything was delicious. I had a wonderful baby green salad and fish cooked perfectly.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We love the Fried Clams at Saybrook Fish House. Very fresh and tender and the tarter sauce is perfect. The dinners come with a nice salad and the house garlic dressing is awesome! Prices are not low but it is a nice once in a while treat for us. ($20 per person with soda, tax and tip)

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have eaten here many times and have never been disappointed. I typically go on a Monday and love the atmosphere. The servers are personable and make the dining experience enjoyable. The food is great and we have enjoyed every visit this far. We watched our server go the extra mile and hold the door open for her elderly customers. Would definitely recommend this place to everyone of all ages.

3  Thank Candyloveforever
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I went here about 3 years ago, and while the food was great, our waitress was not. However, in the past 2 years we have been back about 10 times-we love it! Best seafood in CT, bar none! Our waitress is amazing-we always ask for stephanie! We get the fish chowder every time, and it is delicious. We also get the spiced shrimp appetizer and it never dissapoints! 5 stars!

2  Thank muggy g
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Haven't been there in awhile but it was the first Friday in Lent and thought I would check it out. Not surprisingly it was busy. You can always be patient in those circumstances and although the staff was friendly they were not competent. Forgetting to bring drinks, never coming back for an order, no silverware you get the picture. However that wasn't the real issue. We happened to be sitting near the wait stand. We saw baskets and things fall on the floor, be picked up and used again without cleaning, wait staff picking up garbage, wiping their hands in their hair and on their face and then picking up bread. At one point I saw someone pick up a handful of bread and walk around for 5 minutes -no kidding -before he finally put it in a basket he had just picked up off the floor.. After seeing that I could barley finish my food. I certainly won't be back.

Been to Saybrook Fish House? Share your experiences!