“Typical Italian place”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Philadelphia, PA
“Typical Italian place”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Sometimes when you're on the road, you just HAVE to have a pizza or a grinder. If you're in the area, I recommend this place for a typical family Italian restaurant, with typical prices for such places. They accept credit cards, they serve slices, they do take- out, they have all the typical food you'll want. My only complaint was that the server was not the most attentive while we were there -- she never checked on our table nor did she refill our glasses.

Visited August 2012

US
“Try Roma's instead....”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I've been to Zia Maria's twice. I must preface this review with the information that I'm a vegetarian. That said, I ordered one of the very few things on the menu suitable for a vegetarian and it was pasta both times. The pasta was waaaaay overcooked and mushy. An Italian restaurant ought to be able to prepare al dente pasta, but apparently not Zia Maria's. I understand there are quite good things on the menu, but if you're a vegetarian, steer clear!

• Visited July 2011
4 Thank PeeWee42
Mass.
“Fresh Homemade Food”
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Great homemade food in a very comfortable yet basic setting. I would highly reccomend this restaurant to families and anyone looking for a delicious meal.

Visited January 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Calzone as big as your head”
Reviewed May 16, 2010

working around the corner, a local said Zia Maria would be able to satisfy for lunch, especially the calzone. So, I went and tried one. Comfortable family owned and run place with a pleasant lunch time server. We ordered the Calzone and dropped over when she brought it out. Falling off the oversized plate. I ate all I could and took the rest, eating it for dinner back at the hotel.

I returned several days later for a plate of pasta which was also generous and very good.

Norfolk, Connecticut
“Worth the wait”
Reviewed June 19, 2008

All of the food is cooked to order, so the only reason that I don't give it 5-out-of-5 stars is for the waiting time.

Friendly staff, incredible Italian food, reasonable prices, WELL worth the wait.

1 Thank cbar86