“Totally acceptable”
Review of Newbury Inn

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brookfield
Reviewed May 15, 2014

We have pets and are always looking for places that will take them that are clean, comfortable and will not cost a lot extra. This hotel meets the bill. Marriott and other chains charge $100 per stay, which is not bad if you are there for a week, but it is too pricy for a single night. Newbury Inn charges $10 per pet for the night. The room was clean and relatively comfortable. The rolls in the morning tasted like they were day old. The staff was friendly and helpful. The responded quickly to emails and were interested in feedback. My impression is that they are trying very hard to attract a clientele. They are a way off the beaten path and there has been a lot of new hotels built in the Danbury area over the last 10 years, so they have a lot of competition. We stayed at the La Quinta in Danbury the last time through and it was tired and had insufficient parking. We decided to try the Newbury Inn, it was slightly better than the La Quinta so we will probably stay there in the future if we are looking for a room in the Danbury area.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Bennardo, General Manager at Newbury Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

The staff and I would like to thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and also to thank you for your kind comments. The Staff and I take great pride in our hotel. We are happy you enjoyed your stay at the Newbury Inn. I hope to see you soon.

There are newer reviews for Newbury Inn

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Booked Jacuzzi suite for weekend getaway with my husband. Received a phone call at 9:37 p.m. the night before my reservation telling me the Jacuzzi rooms were "overbooked" and unavailable. I was told I should have called the hotel to confirm. This is 2014 where everyone books rooms online as I did. I ended up scrambling to find another room at a different hotel, and will NEVER EVER return to the Newbury Inn! Beware if you book there ......

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa N
Bennardo, Manager at Newbury Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

I want to apologize for any inconvenience that occurred when booking your reservation on line. . I looked into the matter when you booked on line and there was a problem with their reservation system. I hope that when in the area again to email me and I will personally take care of your reservation.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Perfect place to stay when visiting the area. The staff is extremely nice and helpful. The room looked newly updated and clean. Breakfast was included and they had a nice variety of food to choose from.

I would recommend the Inn to anyone visiting the area. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: I liked staying in the main building.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Bennardo, Manager at Newbury Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your kind words about our hotel. We take great pride in our rooms and service. Thank you again and hope when in the area again you will visit us.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

This was a true dump in every way.
The shower had mold in it.
The front desk receptionist was extremely rude in that upon my husband and I arriving..she insisted upon our giving her our credit card. There was no professional greeting.
We regret staying here.
The breakfast consisted of stale bagels and watered down oj. ..shouldbe advertised as a snack..it was a trashy dump of a mmotel experience we will soon like to forget forever!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Sataya
Bennardo, Manager at Newbury Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and also for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our inn. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the service you received from our staff.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I have stayed here about 3-5 days a week for the last few months, as a regular traveling business. I've stayed at quiet a few hotels/inn's but this one surpasses the average. Very friendly staff, and warm welcoming smiles. Very, very clean and reasonably priced! What really separates this place from the average is the staff; I had to spend Thanksgiving away from my family and they had a sign that said "We're not just a hotel, this is a family." and that's exactly how they made me feel.
Thank you for your service, look forward to returning next week.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Bennardo, Manager at Newbury Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Newbury Inn. and for being such a loyal guest. I am happy it feels like family when you visit us! We take great pride in our property and our staff. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have stayed at this motel a couple of weeks each year for 10 years. Very comfortable bedding. Quite and friendly. This is a nice place to overnight or stay if you are working in the area. My biggest complaint is the TV. They are nice LCD TV's but it takes forever for the picture to display when you change the channel. Great coffee, bagels and muffins in the morning.

Room Tip: The suites out back are very nice but a little expensive for where it is.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Bennardo, General Manager at Newbury Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. . Your feedback is important to us. The staff and I are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Newbury Inn, Brookfield, CT. Please visit us again when in the area.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

This isn't a bad option if you need a room for a short stay in the Danbury, CT area. The Inn was hard to locate at night even with GPS. Bed was comfortable and room was well appointed for a value option.

• Stayed: August 2013
Bennardo, General Manager at Newbury Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

We want to thank you for staying at the Newbury Inn. We appreciate your positive review. Please come and visit us when you are in the area again.

Newbury Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookfield
Homestead Inn
#1 of 15 in Danbury
Hampton Inn Danbury
Hampton Inn Danbury
#3 of 15 in Danbury

Been to Newbury Inn? Share your experiences!