Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Homestead Inn(New Milford)
Courtyard Danbury(Danbury)
View Hotel
All reviewsbasic amenitiesnew milfordspacious roomper nighteasy accessfree wifimicrowavemarriott
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 5, 2013

The Newbury Inn is a convenient place to stop for the night. This past weekend it was nice to check-in with out walking thru the smokers haze outside the office which we have experienced in the past. We usually get up very early to get back on the road, therefore miss the breakfast. Dunkin' Donut is just down the street.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Bennardo, General Manager at Newbury Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. I want to thank you for staying at the Newbury many times. I truly appreciate it. Visit us again real soon!

Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Hole in the bed sheet. Hole I the bottom left entry do. Large enough to let mice in. Drain stopper in sink does not work. Spider webs all over the balcony. No ice machines
Soda and water machines were sold out

• Stayed: June 2013
Bennardo, General Manager at Newbury Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. It is very important to us. I do apologize for any inconvenience you had during your stay at the Newbury Inn. We are looking into the issues and making sure we resolve it immediately.
When coming to the area again I hope you give us another try.Please email me when you are in the area again and I will make sure your stay is perfect.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Ordinarily, I'm not that finicky about hotel details, but the inn's website claims it is "affordable yet luxurious". I'll give them credit, they ARE affordable - surprisingly so since they are pretty much the only game in town. But "luxurious"?!? Come on!
The inn is on a fairly quiet stretch of road. The lobby is clean and simple, and the desk clerk was pleasant and efficient. The complementary cookies at the desk were a nice touch.
The room was clean and secure, but that is the best that can be said of it. Amenities were minimal - basically an ironing board, iron, TV, and coffee maker. The furnishings were nice, but basic enough to be considered almost spartan - bed, dresser, desk and small armchair. Since there was no table, and the desk faced away from the TV, you either ate at the desk or watched TV, not both.
The heat/AC worked well, but situated right next to the desk, and with an un-adjustable vent, you couldn't sit at the desk without the heat blowing forcefully on you.
The tub/shower was a real issue as it didn't drain properly. Who likes taking a shower standing in a couple inches of water? Why can't housekeeping identify issues like this and dump some drain cleaner in to keep the drain flowing?
Next was the issue of ice. I've never commented on hotel ice before, but this was ridiculous for a "luxury" establishment. The inn doesn't have room fridges - at least in the standard rooms - so I needed ice for a cooler. Not finding an ice machine, and since the inn doesn't provide a property map or any form of welcome folder, I went to the office. The desk clerk cheerfully left the desk to go into a back room, returning with a small bag of ice. Not very good for hotel security, and frankly an odd arrangement. Later I found out how really odd and unluxurious it was. I came out of my room in the morning just before 6AM, and found a table and phone outside the locked office, with a sign taped to the door advising that the office was closed 10PM to 6AM. While ice is rarely an emergency, I've never heard of not being able to get ice at night. Maybe they've had a rash of ice thefts, I didn't ask.
The free continental was fairly basic, though the microwavable breakfast burritos were an unusual offering.
My second night was a real problem. The first night I periodically heard the sounds of doors opening/closing or brief conversations. The second night was not as pleasant. I came to my room exhausted and from 6PM to 10:30PM, I was treated to conversations outside, next door and up above. Most of the conversations weren't loud, but the walls and ceilings are apparently paper-thin. Doors opening/closing, an upstairs guest who loudly tromped from one side of the room to the other repeatedly for nearly four hours accompanied by what sounded like the re-arrangement of every stick of furniture in his room, and next door guests with two dogs, including a puppy who cried/barked several times. I was finally able to fall asleep only because I was literally too tired to stay awake.
Finally, I got to check-out. The desk clerk didn't have a printer for my receipt! Perfect!
Had the inn not advertised itself as "luxurious" I might have cut them some slack and rated them Average, but they did this to themselves.

Room Tip: Trry to get one of the rooms in the back building. It is only one-story, so it should be at least a little quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank HowlnBubba
Bennardo, General Manager at Newbury Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience during your stay. When traveling to this area again please feel free to contact me and I will make sure your stay is perfect.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

The accommodation at this hotel is amazingly wonderful for the price. It's not a cheap hotel. The room is big, the sheets clean and nice. You will feel at home. Everything is nice, clean and spacious. The dining area is small but definitely with quick breakfast food to start the day.

Room Tip: Room in the back area are quieter
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

We are very pleased that we were able to meet your expectations and that you had good experience with us at the Newbury Inn. As always, we strive to meet and exceed the expectations of all of our guests and am glad that you found our complimentary continental breakfast an added value. I hope that you continue to stay with us when you're in town and we thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

The heating system in our room did not have a temperature control. You basically could only turn the heat on or off. My husband and I spent the entire night turning the heat on and off because the temperature in the room would go from freezing to sweltering hot. Also, the front desk gave us a hard time about putting our baby's bottle in the inn's refrigerator overnight, the woman at the desk stating the refrigerator "did not have room" for our little bottle. The front desk also failed to disburse a group of men talking loudly in the parking lot for hours at night, which kept both us and our baby up.

• Stayed: October 2012
Bennardo, General Manager at Newbury Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

GM