“from scratch , best bakery”
Review of Layla's Bakery

Layla's Bakery
Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in Brookfield
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Brookfield, Connecticut
“from scratch , best bakery”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

every thing is made with the best ingredients and from scratch. great selection of sweet's and want a nice place to go for breakfast or sunday brunch , than go to layla's.

• Visited March 2014

Connecticut
“Great sandwiches and cookies”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

While the pace of service is a bit slow, the overall experience was quite positive. The sandwiches are made with excellent ingredients and the bread is homemade and delicious. You order at the counter, pick your drinks out of a cooler, and the order is brought to you when it is ready. The selection of desserts is relatively small but the quality is excellent.

• Visited January 2014
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
“Bakery breakfast”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

We had Sunday brunch here with our children. The French toast is fantastic! The downside is the seating is cramped and it is not a relaxing eating environment. You order at the register and take a seat, this is also a messy set up. Once you order you are cramped while others are ordering waiting for your coffee. Would return for take home products only..

Bethel, Connecticut
“The buttermilk scones are out of this world.”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I first had the scones a while back, somebody brought them to the office. Those scones are the reason I went back for a Sunday breakfast. I ordered an omelette. The menu specified what ingredients you could pick from: ham, cheese, mushrooms, peppers and such. I ordered ham, cheese and peppers. When I got my omelette, it wasn't my omelette. I had to return it and inquire about my order. They did bring it out almost immediately. After the first bite I realized that the peppers from the menu were roasted red peppers NOT fresh peppers. While I have no problem with the roasted red peppers, I would think that something like that would be clarified on the menu. I mean the mushrooms are fresh, right? Anyway, the omelette was fine. And I had gotten a strawberry buttermilk scone. Heavenly. I also got a white chocolate hot chocolate. It was ok, a little too sweet for my taste and way overpriced for such a small cup with half of it foamy milk.
Overall it's a great hangout place for Sunday brunch. Pricey but well made food. For me, the scones alone are worth the trip.

Brookfield, Connecticut
“Great Bread, Good Pastries, Cute Place to Hang with a Friend”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We like Layla's primarily for their bread, which we buy on weekends to go with our big extended family meals, and then to make sandwiches from the leftovers. I can honestly say the best roast beef sandwich I ever had was on Layla's sesame seeded Italian loaf (using my home-cooked beef). Their pastries have mostly been good (particularly the scones) and their salads are excellent. Their coffee is good, but their hot chocolate lacked flavor and we don't like brownish, watery hot milk too much (we love a good hot chocolate, so this was disappointing). The prices range from very reasonable to "wait, HOW much for that cookie?!" The store ambience is friendly, homey and comfortable to sit in for long periods of time. We recommend Layla's to get awesome bread or to meet a friend for a light lunch and some coffee.