“Always a favorite girls nite”
Review of The Rustier Nail - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Rustier Nail
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 25, 2013

The Rustier Nail is always in the top 3 for a girls nite. Food, atmosphere are great. Live music on Fridays only adds to a great weekend kick off experience

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We sat at the bar and ordered from the sandwich selection, having no particular expectations about rating the food. But wow - the steak was seasoned and cooked to perfection, the bread was "melt in your mouth" fresh, and even the coleslaw how the right amount of sweet n sour balance. Furthermore, the bartenders and servers were exceptionally pleasant and it was clear that they enjoyed working here. I'd say this is a good reflection on the owner, and an indicator that the place is here to stay.

3  Thank SusanO737
Reviewed April 27, 2013

The NE clam chowder was cold... the salmon burger was tasteless and inedible, the french fries were greasy...the atmosphere was like somebody poorly finished basement but the coleslaw was good..

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Don't listen to the guy below! This place was great and the service was just wonderful! My husband and I went and LOVED it all! The jalapeno poppers were not like anything we ever had and the fish and chip was great it was a Cod loin and the slaw was great! My burger was cook perfect and they even had a gluten free cake!!! Our server was kind and did not rush us or ignore us. Honestly if your server forgets something tell her/him don't wait till the end of your meal just so you can complain about on the internet it and use that as an excuse to tip bad!!! We are taking my parents for dinner tomorrow night and can't wait!!!!

2  Thank KristinB99
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have been in this building many times over the past 8 years as it has gone through a lot of different owners, many names and a lot of different types of cuisine. One thing that has not changed at all...is the decor. Same tables, same chairs, same layout. Not the most exciting thing when you are trying the latest incarnation for the first time. However, it was clean (always a plus).

We were told we could sit anywhere (2 adults, 2 well-behaved children (who eat out a lot)) and we chose a regular 4-person table. Ordering a martini, the waitress was not sure if the bar had a certain vodka..which she should have, given that the vodka is a basic (not a fruit flavored trendy one). The martini came and was very well poured, but very small. If you are paying decent money for a martini and you are in the restaurant and not at a bar 'happy hour', then it should be a reasonable size. (We were not asked during the meal if we wanted refills).

We ordered chicken tenders for the children to split as a starter and soup of the day for me. It was a mushroom soup and really very good - except I received a VERY small cup of it.

The children's chicken tenders...never arrived until the end of the meal. The waitress had forgotten about it.

For the entree, I had fish and chips, and the rest of the table had one burger, one hot dog and fries and one house salad with grilled chicken.

The burger and hot dog arrived first, followed by the other 2 dishes. The fish was okay but very little of it and not with a nice crispy batter. (We had eaten at O'Brien's in Danbury the night before when I had fish and chips there and the difference in quality and taste was night and day). The coleslaw was nice, but again very small in quantity. One child left the hot dog (which he never does) and both left most of their fries. The pub advertises its fries as fresh cut potatoes - which they may have been - but they were obviously coated in some sort of batter/breadcrum/seasoning mix that made them taste like they had come straight out of the packet. The chicken salad was just okay also.

Now the restaurant only had 3 occupied tables when we arrived and about 5 when we left, so there is no excuse for poor or lazy service. Similarly, a good pub/restaurant shouldn't short the patrons on portion size. Whilst I hate to be given a huge meal as it is a waste and I don't like places where you are there just to 'chow down', this place definitely cut short on what they gave.

The waitress didn't come back after coming with the entrees until she came to collect the plates and bring the check at which time we had to remind her about the chicken tenders. She then put in the order and they did eventually arrive and, thankfully were nice and fresh and tasty, but it was too little, too late.

This place has a captive audience in Brookfield due to the lack of other places to eat, but fails to deliver as it should which is a shame because if the food was great, we're local so we'd go. Whilst the area may be smarter than Danbury, for quality of food I'd most certainly head to O'Brien's pub in Danbury instead. I'd certainly go back to the Rustier Nail, but only if a friend invited me (and I didn't want to be rude and refuse) and I was going to sit at the bar. Otherwise, not worth it.