“Good wine, great place” 5 of 5 bubbles

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Good wine, great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Enjoy our visit each time we go. Wine is good and service is great. Enjoy their white port if you are inclined or try the pomegranate wine.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Jonathan G

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Venue hunting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

When my bride to be and I were out venue hunting we came across this place. While we did not hold our wedding here we did end up getting a case of wine. They have a varried selection and are worth the trip. The port reserve was great and the pumpkin spice was perfect for the autumn time that we were there. Many others to choose from, maybe next time we can take the tour.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank NyRoach
Oak Ridge, New Jersey
420 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 709 helpful votes
“Unique wines in a nice facility”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

This is a very nice retail/tasting facilty, not co-locted with its vineyards. It kind of pops up all of a suddden, with a small, roadside sign. On a chilly Friday afternoon I was the only customer. The owner was very pleasant and helpful, assuring that I got the most out of the tasting.
I have to admit that their wines were generally not great for me - but they weren't bad. I have very definite preferences in wine, but that shouldn't reflect on the quality of wines I don't care for. In fact, even the wines that weren't what I like had pleasant taste and nose, and all of their wines had good body. Their Wild Blue (Blueberry and Brandy) and Autumn Spice were especially noteworthy for their unique aromas and flavors.
I chose as gifts for my wife the Williams Sonnet (White wine blushed with raspberry) and the Signature Blacksmith Port.
I would definitely recommend this as a stop for wine tasting and shopping in this area. The only fee is for tastings.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank HowlnBubba
Wallingford, Connecticut
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A hidden gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

We were drawn to visit DiGrazia Vineyard by a Labor Day promotion I stumbled on a few days prior. Upon arriving, we decided to enjoy the wine, cheese, and chocolate flights under the tent. This was a Labor Day weekend event where we sampled 6 wines, two cheeses and three chocolates. We were given souvenir glasses to sample the fruits of their labors. Our guide through the wine flights was knowledgeable about all the wines we sampled, and did a nice job with his tasting. Autumn Spice wine we sampled outside was interesting, with a quirky pumpkin flavor balanced with spices. Wild Blue was a particular favorite, both of my tasting group and the bees.
We decided to explore further the wines offered inside, away from those bees that one of or group is allergic to and tried desperately to avoid. In my opinion, the indoor tasting was the true gem. The persons offering the samples inside seemed far more comfortable discussing each wine, and their flavor profiles. In addition, we were fortunate enough to meet the man behind the label. Dr Paul DiGrazia was helping with the indoor tastings, sharing stories about how certain wines were developed, and what flavor notes to look for when tasting certain wines.
Being a fan of white wines myself, (the White Magnolia and Yankee Frost are amazing!) I was pleasantly surprised by how many of the reds I enjoyed. The Fieldstone Reserve was quite good, although my favorite red was the Signature Blacksmith Port.
If you're looking for a nice ride in the country and a great bottle of wine, you can surely meet both needs here!

2 Thank MomsHavinFun
USA
122 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 240 helpful votes
“Connecticut Winery”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

Very interesting tour. You will learn about the wine-making process.

It is very scientific, and is educational for all. Not recommended for small children.

Visited October 2011