“Very Good Food”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Somers, New York, USA
“Very Good Food”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Maggie’s is a very good American food restaurant. I have eaten here a few times and every time it is the same. Good friendly service, good food and very nice vibrant atmosphere. I recently visited to watch the final 4 basketball games. The restaurant and bar was packed and after a short wait we were seated in the bar area as requested. Like always everything was very good. My wife likes coming to Maggie’s for their gluten free options, which are plentiful allowing her to have many options other than plain steak and fish. My daughter and I had a very well prepared bacon cheeseburger and my son had a steak he stated was very good. My wife had a bacon cheeseburger w/ gluten free roll and no fries. We didn’t have this night but they have a dessert called The Titanic and it is amazing. Enough for 4 people if in the mood. I recommend this restaurant if looking for good American food while in the Brookfield area.

• Visited April 2013

Brookfield, Connecticut
“Noisy, Bad service”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

The food used to be better as well as the service. Our last two visits were bad experiences. Once they totally forgot about us on a busy Friday night. I had to go on a search for our waiter. The other time we had very unprofessional college kids waiting on us.

Visited October 2012
Bethel, Connecticut, United States
“Meh mains, decent appetizers, great bar”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We went here with some friends that had been wanting to go for a while. We had been before, but hadn't really had a memorable experience the first time.

The positive: the bar is awesome. They have really good drinks. I don't know that they are a place to really eat, but the bar food is decent. The appetizers are quick and moderately tasty (no real cardboard box-type flavoring).

The negative: The main courses are really hit or miss. The too-extensive menu means that the kitchen is not focused, so it really just all depends on what you order. A friend got a chicken dish that was supposed to be "panko-crusted" and was like a naked chicken breast. Also, some people's food came out way ahead of other's. This is always a pet peave of mine at restaurants.

Overall, if you are going for drinks, this place is great. If you are into sports, there are lots of screens (it's not really my thing though). Appetizers will hold you over for going out to a dedicated restaurant. And if you decide to order a main course, choose wisely: ask the servers recommendation, or stick to something safe like a burger.

• Visited February 2013
North Salem, New York, United States
“Golf and lunch”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We played Pebble Beach (on the golf simulator) and had a blast (reservations are required). The bar is super nice; they have an outstanding staff; the food choices are endless (although the food is pretty average) although I must note - the Tex Mex Eggrolls were out of this world. Great afternoon to beat the wintery blues!

• Visited March 2013
Manassas
“Use a notepad”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We arrived on a Mon aftnoon - it was not very busy. Party of six. Our waitress took our order - a bit surprised that she didn't write anything down but some people can. Well, not her - she said it was more because we placed our drink orders with our food. She came back to the table to ask my mother what soup she ordered with the french dip - then she came to my husband and asked what soup he ordered w/ french dip at that point I said my mother ordered soup with the salad and my husband said the clam chowder. Our daughter ordered mussells and she asked if we needed any of the plates to share, we said no and she took all of them away - guess they are saving on dishwashing. Our daughters mussels came out by the food expediter - or manager and said oh, I'll bring your bread right out. Well, no bread she was pretty much done when we flagged him down again and he said oh well they made them nobody brought them to you. Good Management. French dip with out au jus, salad with no dressing, wrong salad instead of mixed greens so half were right - and oh the guac with the fajitas was almost black in color -she said bc it is made fresh - we've been here before and it didn't look like that overall never going back.

• Visited February 2013