“best fried chicken”

Ranked #3 of 139 Restaurants in Bristol
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I have been eating their food since my grandfather took me as a child. I wouldn't go any where else in the area for fried chicken. The first time I took my husband there he said it reminded him of his great uncle's fried chicken place in FL. The chicken Sandwiches are wonderful as are the chicken pieces. The chicken is always fresh and hot. Take out Only with a picnic grove on the river.

There are newer reviews for Greer's Chicken

Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

Greer's is a great local takeout restaurant. Prices are reasonable and better than any chain chicken restaurant. While I've had better fried chicken in other parts of the country I've not had any better chicken anywhere else in connecticut. I prefer a more flavorful breading, but Greer's breading is just right for my kids taste. There is a little picnic area outside if you are looming for outside dining on a nice day.

Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

The best chicken and sides our family favorite. Service is great Owner goes above and beyond for service and great food

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is simply great chicken (pick your type) and the fixings to go with it. This is a take out restaurant ( picnic tables outside in warm weather). DON'T wait for the weather = it's good all the time when brought home and you're sitting on the couch !

Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Woah! Was I a victim on people commenting about how great! Lets start with cleanliness! Watching the cook use the same exact tongs to handle raw chicken and then the same tongs for cooked chicken is a little too dicey! Mine had a touch of pink in the middle which made me a little nauseous but it wasn't raw! Next, the chicken had no flavor what so ever! I wouldn't recommend a trip here to no one! Repeat ..no one!! I've had good fried chicken and this is not even as good as the supermarket chicken. And the meat on the chicken is not good either! Please clean the utensils better! Cooked with uncooked spells disaster and people just watch and think its ok! Probably loyal customers! Lol!

2  Thank Kcao

Been to Greer's Chicken? Share your experiences!