“A Great Place”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Stayed here at the Doubletree for the first time and couldn't have been happier. Seems the hotel has just been remodeled. everything was fresh and new and extremely clean. The bar in the lobby is nice and always crowded. The restaurant is a four star and not of my liking but also very nice.ERvery staff member I had contact with was extremely friendly and helpful. ESPN headquarters is across the street and this hotel seems to be the host hotel. There are some very nice restaurants in Bristol but they are at least 30 minutes from the hotel. This is OK with me. All in all I would recommend this hotel to one and all.

Room Tip: Fifth floor is for Hilton Honor card holders and very good.
1  Thank qr144
Mark L, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are glad you had an opportunity to enjoy the bar. It does get busy in the afternoon as we host Happy Hour daily from 4pm-7pm.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut

Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for the weekend of my nephews wedding. Upon check out we paid for both our rooms in cash. A few days later I noticed a charge on my credit card for $250.00. When I called and asked for an explanation they said I smoked in my room and they have a non-smoking policy I know that is NOT true because my children and I both have asthma. We always ask for non-smoking rooms. I will never stay at a Hilton Hotel ever again. Love when people make false accusations and steal money

Room Tip: Make sure you don't have added charges on your credit card
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Laura P
Mark L, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Hello Laura,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We deeply apologize for the billing error that occurred regarding the smoking fee applied to your reservation. I understand you had an opportunity to speak with our General Manager to resolve the issue. Because of your feedback we have implemented better procedures for documenting and handling the unfortunate case of smoking in a guest room. We take great pride in the cleanliness of our hotel and the fact that we are a non-smoking facility. Our goal is to provide the best experience for all of our guests and we again apologize for our error which has negatively impacted your stay. We hope that if you are in the area again you will give us the opportunity to regain your trust.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

This hotel experience was outstanding and completely exceeded my expectations. Every single employee that I had contact with was cheerful, helpful and inviting. The restaurant and the bar had very good food. I would highly recommend this hotel to others. It was a rare experience.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the kind words Mary Ellen. Our staff works hard to make every guest feel welcome and we are glad to know that was the case with you. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the restaurant and bar as well. We have just announced a new prix fixe menu for October, so if you come back this month, we hope you will try it out. Our three course fine dining experience for $34 should not be missed.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night prior to catching a early morning flight from Hartford Bradley Airport. Although there are many closer options I was attracted to this hotel by its glowing Trip Advisor reviews and could not be happier with my choice. It was worth the 25 minute drive in the morning to the airport.

The property has been recently renovated in the guest rooms and public spaces with an attractive modern theme. Upon entering the lobby we were greeted by the attentive and pleasant staff who made check-in a breeze. The spacious lobby was spotless clean as was the restaurant where we had a late dinner. We dined in the bar area which had a huge TV tuned to a baseball game and quite a few other screens with other games and ESPN Sports Center (Bristol CT is ESPN's hometown after all.) The food was well prepared and featured local produce... it was nice to have a healthy, delicious meal right at the hotel.

The room was spacious and attractively decorated and spotless clean. The large bathroom had plenty of counter space and was well illuminated. The airconditioning was quiet and worked well. We had a great night of sleep in the quiet room and awoke refreshed for our flight.

I'd highly recommend this property if business takes you to Bristol and it is an excellent option for flying from Bradley Airport if you are ok with the drive in the morning.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Giantsteve, your review is music to our ears. It is such a great compliment to know that our service and accommodations are at the level that you would drive the extra distance just to stay here. The HDTV in TimeOut is very large (85 inches to be exact). If you are in the area on a Sunday during football season, make sure you stop in because we have NFL Sunday Ticket, so all six HDTVs in the bar have games on.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I travel A LOT for work and this hotel is my favorite hotel yet. It is the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed it. More than comfortable, and the service is unmatched. There are two restaurants in house which is nice if you're too tired to drive for dinner after a long day. I have driven up to an hour extra in the morning just to stay in this hotel.

1  Thank Annie R
Reviewed September 25, 2013

After a 10 hour drive from Toronto, the staff was amazing. They let us check in early, gave us warm chocolate chip cookies, and asked if there was anything they could do for us. The room was spotless, The bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in!!! Food from the restaurant was delicious and fresh.
The young gentleman who brought our suitcases to our room, and helped when we were leaving, was wonderful.
Would stay here again, without hesitation.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Very clean, very comfy beds, very friendly and helpful staff. We arrived early, after driving 10 hours to get there, the staff quickly got us into our room, which they made available even though check-in is not until 3:00pm. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bristol
Homewood Suites by Hilton Southington
#2 of 8 in Southington
Farmington Inn
Farmington Inn
#5 of 6 in Farmington

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut? Share your experiences!