“A Diamond in Bristol CT...”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed September 17, 2013

A great place to stay, the hotel works very hard to make every effort to make your stay exceptional. The Bar has great service and food, the Willows restaurant is a class act with a great wine list and menu, the food is some of the best I have had in my travels around the country.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Very nice hotel - miss not having a smoking room but they were able to get me on 1st floor so easy access to outside. My refrigerator was not working but was promptly fixed next day - with some nice chocolate hammers as reward. They did miss cleaning my room one day but front desk was apologetic and gave me coupon for free cookie. Still think complimentary coffee/tea would be nice like at the other hilton properties and complimentary breakfast. The restaurant and bar however were very good and convienent so i understand why they don't have the complimentary stuff. I was able being diamond member to get this but not my co-worker.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed in this hotel during recent renovations and the staff then was amazing. I couldn't think in any way how they could get better, but they did it. The renovations are beautiful, the staff is beyond amazing and we look forward to many stays ahead. As Honors members, we always utilize the Hilton Brand Hotels, I will never stay anywhere else, and your hotel proves that to me. Thank you for a great night.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I have enjoyed staying at Double Tree hotels in the past. The rooms are always very clean, accommodating and well equipped. Our room even came with a fridge. The hotel beds are very spacious and comfortable. We were, however, very dissatisfied with our last visit. We set the air conditioning in the room before going to bed and sometime during the night it shut off. We woke up around 2am to a very uncomfortably warm room and had trouble falling back asleep (I could not). We had a seminar the next day and being deprived of sleep after paying what we did for the room left us very disappointed. The hotel attendant at check out did not seem to care much and didn't offer any form of follow up. We will give Double-Tree Hilton in Bristol CT the benefit of the doubt in our Trip Advisor survey. Our stay was great, outside of having an air conditioning malfunction. We reported our concerns in the hotel survey they send via email. We are hoping these issues will be addressed and in the future this experience will be avoided by hotel guests.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

We stayed at this property back when it was a Clarion. It has been completely remodeled into a spectacular Double Tree hotel.
The remodel period took a couple of years to complete but it's been well worth the wait.
We stayed over a weekend and enjoyed many of the amenities the hotel has to offer.
We had dinner at Willows. The food was exceptional and our waitress was very friendly.
The pool area was immaculate and the towels were super plush.
Our room was spotless with a modern decor. Bathroom was a bit small but very clean and plenty of towels and sundries.
Every employee we encountered was friendly, accommodating, and made us feel welcome.
This will be our "go to hotel" when traveling to Bristol.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for one night because the hotel where I normally stay was booked. The staff was excellent. I had a room on the 3rd floor... When I got off the elevator I noticed a HORRIBLE smell. Housekeeping was cleaning so I assumed it was from one of the rooms being cleaned but it wasn't. It smelled like that it the hall the entire time. The second reason I won't return to this hotel is because housekeeping came knocking on my door when 1. It wasn't check out time yet and 2. I had the do not disturb sign on the door. Thats my biggest peeve.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Kilgome
Mark L, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Thank you for your feedback about the hotel. We are very proud of our excellent staff and I am glad you had an opportunity to experience that firsthand. I can assure you that whatever the smell on the 3rd floor was, it has been addressed and is smelling clean and fresh. I will bring your comment up to our housekeeping staff regarding the "do not disturb" sign as a reminder of the importance of respecting our guest's privacy. We hope that you will give us opportunity to provide you a praiseworthy stay in the future.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed here for one night since it was so close to Lake Compounce. It used to be an old Clarion Hotel, now it's all new, clean and modern. The staff was very welcoming on-site, however prior to our stay we sent an email to the hotel and did not receive any response from them, that gave me an unfavorable impression prior to my arrival. The rooms are really high-end and sleek, it was quite impressive. The only thing I did not like in the room was the A/C system, it was loud and was controlled by a motion detector and during the night it stopped working. To start it again you needed to move around for it to kick in. The hotel was very quiet and did not look busy when we were there (weekend). I would stay here again and I would recommend it. It's a good pick for people going to nearby Lake Compounce or ESPN.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bristol
Homewood Suites by Hilton Southington
Avon Old Farms Hotel
Residence Inn Southington
Residence Inn Southington
#2 of 8 in Southington

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut? Share your experiences!