“"Poor Service, OK food”

Barley Vine
Cuisines: American, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Barley Vine is a craft-inspired gastropub featuring 14 craft beer lines, a good selection of bottled beers, wines, crafted cocktails and a creative, local, fresh house made menu that compliments the adult beverage. Pizzas, burgers and many of the items are cooked in a wood fired brick oven. Warm welcoming environment in a historic building with brick faced walls and tin ceilings.
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I stopped by this place at 4pm on a Friday. I waited 10 minutes to be looked at by a waitress 3 times with no acknowledgement whatsoever. I finally went up to the bar to ask if there was a server on duty. The bartender(Khalid) said yes he could help me and he apologized for the delay. He took care of me right away and did a fantastic job!!! He was NEW!
I was impressed with his attentiveness and service quality. If he did not know an answer because he was new he asked and got right back to me.
I was not, however impressed with the other 3 female and 2 male servers there who did not seem to know what the words customer service or teamwork meant. They all would congregate at the end of the bar and chat with each other. I ordered a simple burger, rare and asked if they would cook it rare...Khalid said yes that would be no problem...it came out medium well!!!
Salad was good and had real greens not iceberg...very nice.
I had been here once before and service was good but this time, disappointing!

There are newer reviews for Barley Vine

Reviewed October 8, 2013

When traveling we like to eat at local restaurants to get the feel of the area. Barley Vine did not disappoint us. The wine and beer selections are excellent and reasonalby priced. The food is all fresh which makes a difference. We started with oysters and pretzels with in house made mustard. I had a burger and this is the first time that I ordered a well done burger and it was still juicy. It was served on their homemade potato bun which was tasty. My husband's steak entree was done perfectly, too. We had a chance to talk with the owner and hear his vision for his restaurant in this nice community.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We had a recent family brunch here on a Sunday. There is a bar side and an adjoining room with tables. The decor is clean and pretty. Our waitress was friendly but overwhelmed- too many tables to handle alone at brunch time. The grapefruit juice was tart. Herbal tea was nice. The cheese, bacon, spinach & egg frittata was very, very large and tasty though a bit dry. Standard eggs sunny side up were nicely done. The homemade bacon was thick, lean and tasty. Waffle was large but a bit cool, arrived first with wrong topping as well as a bit late as ours was delivered to another table. Corn bread was average. I think it has potential to be excellent with a little more attention o staffing and details. We will try agin.

1  Thank BillP1123
Reviewed September 8, 2013

If you are in the area, you must try Barley Vine. Their food is amazing, different, and best yet, all local! I loved the atmosphere, and the staff is extremely knowledgeable about the menu and beer/drink selection. They always seem to have great events happening as well. Been to this restaurant maybe 10 times since they opened and definitely recommended to anyone in the area!