“American Clock and Watch Museum”

American Clock & Watch Museum
Ranked #2 of 18 things to do in Bristol
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Join us for a fascinating trip back in time. Learn about American clock & watch making with particular emphasis on Connecticut, once the clock capital of the country. Over 1500 timekeepers are on display and many chime & strike on the hour. The museum boasts one of the largest displays of American-made timepieces in the world. Designated as one of Connecticut's cultural treasures, the museum has been a destination in Connecticut for over 60 years. The museum is housed in an 1801 home with an authentic American sundial garden. The museum gift shop has a wide variety of clock-related gifts and books. The museum is open seven days a week, 10:00a.m. To 5:00p.m. Museum members admitted FREE, Adults $6, Seniors $5, Children 8-17 $3, Children under 8 admitted FREE. Group tour rates available for 10 or more visitors. Call for details.
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Wheelchair access
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I live 2 blocks from this museum. It's a "clock museum." The clock outside of the museum does not work. Need I say more???

All reviews
"audio"
"collector"
"stories"

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I would be glad to recommend this museum to anyone wiyh an interest in clocks. My wife and I spent many afternoons going to auctions to purchase mantle clocks when we were dating. The American Clock and Watch Museum has so many beautiful examples of time keeping. I hope you enjoy visiting as much as we did last time!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I visited the American Clock and Watch Museum to attend a fund raiser; the museum has been modernized with new exhibits and history pieces which was well worth the time spent. Any history or clock buff would be well served to visit and tour.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stopped in Bristol specifically to see this museum. Although I have always enjoyed clocks, my wife does not share the same interest, and I was concerned that she would not be bored. Alas! That was not the case. She enjoyed the exhibits as much as I did, and we spent about an hour and half exploring the different rooms packed with clocks from different eras and manufacturers. We made a point of arriving before 12 so we could experience the sounds of the chimes and they struck the 12 O'clock hour. The price for admission is reasonable, and the greeter answers any questions you have.