“New York in Our Back Yard”

Joseph's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Joseph's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 371 Restaurants in Bridgeport
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: For 15 years, Joseph Kustra worked at the famous Peter Lugar Steakhouse in Brooklyn, NY. In 1995, he set off on his own adventure, creating Tollgate Steakhouse in Mamaroneck, New York. He then saw a wonderful opportunity in Bridgeport, Connecticut and opened Joseph's Steakhouse in November 2000. Join us for an afternoon or evening of relaxed elegance, sumptuous cuisine and exceptional service. Joseph's menu of USDA dry aged steaks, fresh seafood and award winning wines will surely impress! Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. With many awards and accolades under his belt, Joseph has created a stellar reputation and loyal following. Joseph's Steakhouse is a true landmark of Bridgeport Connecticut!
Monroe, Connecticut
“New York in Our Back Yard”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Classic New York Steak house out of the Peter Luger mold. Wait staff was extremely attentive. The bartender was amusing and informative concerning his knowledge of the beers and wines served. Grilled bacon appetizer was over the top delicious but the thing that sold me was the bone-in filet mignon.WOW! It had all the flavor of a porterhouse but the tenderness of a filet. Sides of hash browns, creamed spinach, and onions, were delicious. Though a bit expensive but typically priced in comparison with high end steak houses I will keep coming back here with my friends and family. Best steak house in Connecticut.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Tim D

Trumbull, Connecticut, United States
“Great food and amazing service.”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

The staff is very friendly and attentive, even when the place is packed.
The food is amazing! We always get multiple orders of the grilled bacon appetizer, which is a special treat in itself. The steaks are the best you will find anywhere. They are cooked to perfection and full of flavor.
Joseph's homemade steak sauce is a great compliment for your beef (or bacon), but I usually do not use any because the food is perfect just the way it is.
My mom doesn't eat beef, but she says the chicken is fantastic.
This is the restaurant my family goes to for special occasions. My father, brother and myself also go annually for a guys' night out.
Joseph's, while not inexpensive, is worth every penny. I look forward to many more meals there.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Christopher R
cape cod
“Great Steaks and Service”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Recently headed to Joseph's as a last minute dinner and although the place was very busy and we didn't have a reservation, they sat us within 15 minutes. The service was excellent and the food and beverages are very good. Although a bit $$$$, it's worth the money. Be sure to try the thick cut bacon.............

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank dc0
Chicago, Illinois
“Great service, good food”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

My husband likes this place more than I do. My husband, and everyone around us, insisted we get the bacon appetizer (just huge slices of bacon, that's it). They all loved it but I didn't really care for it -- very salty and fatty. Side dishes were really good. The steak, to be honest, I didn't care for. They cut it before it finishes cooking and then puts it in the oven to finish cooking. They say it's to get a crispy outside (which I didn't like). I found it to be unevenly cooked (too well done on the outside), and because the cut pieces were of different sizes some were well-done (we ordered it medium-rare). Next time we're in the mood for steak I would prefer somewhere else. The wait staff was very good though, and the place is very charming though.

• Visited August 2012
NYC
“Highlight of our weekend”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We dine out often and have eaten at all the high-end NYC steakhouses and many times at Peter Luger's original Brooklyn location. Joseph's is on par with these. We were visiting Connecticut and came in expecting to order the Porterhouse for two, but our very knowledgeable and lovely waiter recommended the bone-in filet steaks (not even on the menu). These steaks were delicious, tender, juicy and perfectly prepared to our order. Even more enjoyable than the Porterhouse would have been. We took the waiter's recommendation for a bottle of wine as my husband and I have different tastes. The bottle recommended was superb and was finished with the dinner. We had sides which were expertly prepared. The service was excellent from appetizers to dessert. Joseph's Steakhouse is expensive but the entire experience made it worth every penny!

• Visited July 2012