“Next best thing to Grandma's !”

Testo's Restaurant & Catering
Ranked #33 of 379 Restaurants in Bridgeport
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Great family atmosphere, food, service. The service was outstanding for the wedding rehearsal dinner that I hosted. The service staff was attentive but not hovering and accepted a dessert from an outside bakery. The family style dining was great because everyone could choose the amount they wanted.

Reviewed January 19, 2012

prices are fair and so is the food. In other words nothing special. The sauces are bland and dishes are uninspired. Not a place I would recommend.

Has a couple of rooms, one very large and is also a banquet facilty. The larger room, where we were seated is nice. Seems to be a newer building.

Reviewed October 4, 2011

This Restaurant is the top of the line! You are acquainted by lots of nice people and waiters. You will be in a good environment.

Reviewed September 13, 2011

I have been to Testo's since I was a teenager and it was always a great place to eat. Ever since the resturant moved to the new location the food has not been as good as it used to be. Dont get me wrong its a great resturant however something is just different. I do suggest you check this place out their Gorgonzola salad is great and they have very good home made pasta.

Reviewed February 23, 2011

When I was growing up in Bridgeport in the 1980s, Testo's (or Testo Dante's as I believe it was called) was one of the best Italian restaurants in the area. Since we were in town to celebrate my Mom's milestone birthday, we decided to go to Testo's for old time's sake. We had called earlier to reserve a table for 4 and were told it would be no problem. We arrive on time for our reservation and go to the reception area and see that the dining room is almost completely empty. In spite of the dining room being empty, we were told that our reservation was for the lounge (aka bar), not the dining room, although we were not told when we called that we would have to eat in the bar. We asked if it was possible to eat in the dining room but were again told they were fully booked. Rather than point out all of the empty tables in the dining room, we accepted our assignment to a table in the bar. Service was mixed. There was one server who was friendly, other server was a bit surly and had a little attitude. I ordered Veal Pizziola which was very good itself, but it was served with a side of pasta that was drowned in sauce that was too salty for my taste. My mother had Veal Marsala which was also very good. Clams Casino appetizer was excellent, clams with crispy bacon on top. My son and wife both ordered pasta dishes with meatballs, which turned out to be a bit of a fiasco. My wife's food was COLD so we sent it back. Kitchen "solved" the problem by heating up some more sauce and pouring the heated sauce on the pasta. The pasta was absolutely drowned in a sea of red sauce that was extremely salty. My son also complained that his sauce was too salty. Meatballs were tasty but both my wife and my son only recieved 2 small meatballs each. When I say small, i mean that each meatball was only slightly bigger than the meatballs you find in a can of Chef Boy R Dee. It is very unlikely that I would ever return to this restaurant, of course I don't live in Bridgeport so it's not likely I would have an occassion to return. If you live in the area and do choose to eat here, stay away from the pasta served with the red sauce and confirm when you make your reservation where exactly you are reserving a seat for.

1  Thank ronnoc30