“Pleasant stay during a business trip...”

Holiday Inn Bridgeport
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bridgeport
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“Pleasant stay during a business trip...”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

This hotel provided me a cozy stay for several days while staying in Bridgeport on a business trip recently. The front staff were super friendly, welcoming, and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and housekeeping did a good job performing their daily cleaning duties, making it a pleasant experience to come back to your room after a long day. The room was mostly quiet except when sirens were sounded by passing emergency vehicles. The king size bed was very comfortable, the pillows soft, and afforded me a good night's sleep.
This hotel also has a nice sized indoor swimming pool and a small gym that has various cardio equipment and a few weight machines which is just enough to get your exercise routine done if you're feeling up to it.
There is also a restaurant and bar in the lobby which is pretty standard but it is definitely convenient when you're hungry and don't want to go off premises for a meal or call for delivery. The bartender and waitress were very accommodating and the food was good. I do suggest they open for breakfast a little earlier than 7:30a.m. for early birds on business trips.
Now for some cons, the hotel parking is in a parking garage immediately behind the property and I think they charge an additional $8.00 a day for parking? If I am wrong, I hope someone clarifies this issue for me. If I am correct, I feel this fee should be included in your room charge.
The rooms do need some maintenance, I noticed a gap between the room door and door frame the allows that allows noise and light to be transmitted through this space. It also makes me question the door's structural integrity for security purposes. There needs to be more wall mounted light switches and electrical outlets added in the room as well. I had to find a spot to plug in the coffee maker so I could make my morning coffee and the lamps are turned on manually and not by a wall switch, which makes for a dimly lit room upon entry.
Lastly and to no fault of theirs, the immediately surrounding area around the hotel appears to be economically depressed with an element of crime present which causes a concern for personal safety. I did unfortunately witness a fight taking place amongst three people just outside of the hotel property upon my arrival. So just be aware of your surroundings and stay vigilant with your belongings. Please let me clarify though, that I personally did not have any crimes committed against myself during my stay here...this is just a friendly awareness message.
I would recommend this hotel and if I travel back to Bridgeport some day, I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Matthew C
Michele H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bridgeport, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you for your feedback on the Holiday Inn Bridgeport. I appreciate it.
Michele Hudson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Loved this hotel. Great rooms with lots of space! Parking was simple and it's right downtown in the middle of Bridgeport. I was a bit apprehensive because of course sometimes Holiday Inns are hit or miss but this one is a hit! The service was impeccable. Check-in was great. The room was super comfortable. Very clean and updated.

just a suggestion There was no convenience store just vending machines - Given its right downtown I would think management should consider having late night room service :-) This would make the hotel rock star!

Room Tip: King Rooms have great space.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Michele H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bridgeport, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
So glad you enjoyed the Holiday Inn Bridgeport. And thank you for the suggestion.
Patchogue, New York
Reviewed June 3, 2014

the staff is the best ever! the lounge this is very nice..the chicken wings are awesome! breakfast buffet is the best! the rooms are nice, the bed and pillows are so comfy and some are smoking rooms . For me that's a plus! we are going again this coming weekend and hopefully be able to explore the area

Room Tip: a great place to sleep either going to or coming from the ferry!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Michele H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bridgeport, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you so much for the nice review of the Holiday Inn Bridgeport. We appreciate it. We look forward to seeing you again real soon!
Bucks County, PA
Reviewed May 21, 2014

We were in town for a grandson's graduation from college. Front Desk staff were very friendly; room was very clean. We didn't have much time to go anywhere for breakfast; the hotel only had a breakfast buffet on Sunday morning. It was very good. Enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank mygardenhome
Michele H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bridgeport, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate the nice review.
Williamsville
Reviewed May 21, 2014

This hotel is typical of the Holiday Inn chain. Our room and bed were comfortable, and the staff at the front desk were great. Parking is in a garage in the block behind the hotel, at a cost of $8 per day. The hotel could use some updating. They could use a few more electrical outlets in the room. In order to turn the floor lamp on, behind a chair in the corner, it was necessary to unplug either the bedside table lamp or the alarm clock. I will write a separate review of the restaurant, which we found disappointing, in terms of service.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pasbuffalo
Michele H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bridgeport, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you for the review of the Holiday Inn Bridgeport. We appreciate your feedback.
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I loved the holiday inn I had my wedding there everything came out nice everyone was friendly I work with Lorraine an valarie with my wedding planning an they both were great the rooms were clean I would love to stay again I will miss Lorraine all she have done for me so I would highly recommend to stay at this hotel

• Stayed April 2014
Michele H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bridgeport, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Glad to hear your wedding was fabulous! We look forward to serving you again soon. Thank you for the nice review.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Fantastic place to stay. All staff were friendly, helpful and eager to please. Room was very clean and cleaners were excellent. Meals were very good and reasonably priced. Pool was good, like getting into a bath and towels were lovely and soft. The only negative things I did find was that the wifi did keep cutting out and had to recharge our room key cards a couple of times which was no hassle for the reception staff. Overall a very good place to stay, definitely come again and recommend to all.

Room Tip: Had a twin, smoking room which had two double beds and didn't smell
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Michele H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bridgeport, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you so much for the nice review. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Michele Hudson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeport
Quality Suites
Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton
Delamar Southport
Delamar Southport
#1 of 1 in Southport

Been to Holiday Inn Bridgeport? Share your experiences!