“A Port in a Storm”

Holiday Inn Bridgeport
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bridgeport
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Traveling north this past week from NC to MA, we were caught in a nasty snow storm. My vehicle had not been winterized and my wiper lines were frozen, so in addition to the weather hampering my visibility I couldn't wipe off my windshield. The lane markers were gone and the snow blowing sideways when we saw the sign for the Holiday Inn Bridgeport. So we took the exit, all the while worrying what we would do if there wasn't any availability. Carefully navigating the storm we arrived at the hotel. There was room, and very nice porter unpacked the car and took everything to our room while my husband parked in the convenient hotel parking. It was only $8 per night. I should mention that I loved the added security of needing your room key to access the elevator. The room was well appointed, very clean, and quiet. My husband and I did not make dinner plans and we had just missed the dining hours of the restaurant on site. The very nice porter did mention that Subway was still open, and even offered to drive us over!! This hotel went above and beyond to make us feel welcome. Leaving the next day, I almost wished the storm had lasted longer so that we could have extended our stay! If I ever come through the area again, I know where we will be staying.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank tljoseph
Michele H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bridgeport, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

So glad you found us through the storm. Thank you for the kind review of the Bridgeport Holiday Inn.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Bridgeport

Reviewed December 22, 2013

We booked a non smoking king room on a Saturday night for $100. The room was very nice, clean and comfortable. Check in was quick and easy. Parking is a lot across the street and $8 for the night. Check out was 12 noon. We were in town for the night for a wedding and this was perfect. Recommend and would stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013
Michele H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bridgeport, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Glad we met your needs and you enjoyed the Bridgeport Holiday Inn. Thank you for the review. See you next time!

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Smelly rooms, filthy dirty elevator and parking garage makes a person want to cringe. Truthfully the night could not go by fast enough to get me out of this hotel. Now I know why all my business associates avoid Holiday Inns all the time. If you paid me I would not stay here again that says it all.

Room Tip: Go to another state if this is number 1 in Ct. Someone is stuffing the ballot box with questionable...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank DoctorVonCueBall
Michele H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bridgeport, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

My apologies for what you experienced. That is definitely not our standards.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

The price is a little expensive for my budget, even getting rooms on Priceline. Neighborhood is more than a little sketchy. However, the rooms are comfortable, and bedding/ towels are CLEAN! There is adequate bedding for two or more people unlike a competing hotel in West Milford. This is the second most comfortable hotel that I utilize when my travel budget for a little extra. I rate it as an actual three star hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Michele H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bridgeport, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Thank you for the nice comments about the Holiday Inn Bridgeport. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Our room was ok. Lobby seems very nice, martini bar and all. Go upstairs and the table in front of the elevator on the third floor is falling apart, there is a stain on the table, Paint? . Bathroom wasn't the cleanest. Still dirt on the floor beind the door. And paint on the floor again. They need to get a new painter!! Ac in room 322 was so loud every time it turned on it woke me up! walls are thin. Could hear the annoying screaming child/ fighting husband and wife across the hall! that's Bridgeport for you !
breakfast was 9.50$, "best value meal" is Not good. The food is the same as the buffet but you can't go up for more. Although you can get your eggs the way you like them. Go for the buffet.

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank K914
Michele H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bridgeport, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

My apologies for what you experienced during your stay with us. That is definitely not our standard so I appreciate the feedback.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I had booked this location to be very close to an early morning meeting. I arrived after 1030 at night and was concerned about the somewhat seedy neighborhood as I approached the building. Upon arrival the staff was exceptionally courteous and helpful. I was able to park my car in the garage, check in and have a drink at the bar in just a few moments. The room was well decorated with a great desk and very large. It was very reasonably priced and just a few blocks from my meeting. I would return there for my next meeting with that client.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jafbostn
Michele H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bridgeport, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

So glad you enjoyed the Holiday Inn Bridgeport. Thank you for the nice review. See you next time.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I booked a room at this hotel in July for a stay in September. I had a very important interview in the city and wanted to be sure there would be no problems. Upon arrival to the hotel I was informed that the room I booked and paid for with two double beds was unavailable. The desk attendant informed me that they were going to put me in a parlor room which was comparable to the one I booked. Not wanting to wait around in the lobby while they debated sending myself and my mother to another hotel outside of the city we took the room, this hotel was the closest to my interview location and I did not want to deal with excess traffic in the morning. Upon entering the room we were dismayed to learn that this room was no where near comparable to the room I paid for! IT NOT ONLY DID NOT HAVE 2 BEDS IT HAD NO BED AT ALL!!! It was a pull out sofa. Immediately we called down to the desk to get it remedied. Again we were told if we wanted a better room we needed to go to a hotel outside of the city. Angry we agreed to stay in this hotel because it was only one night, thinking we could survive. WRONG! In the middle of the night we not only learned that our air conditioning did not work but the room turned into a sweat box at around 3:30 am. Thus, I got to sweat like a wildebeest sharing a pull out sofa with my mother. When I explained this to the desk attendant she said sorry and went back to ignoring me!! Before I caused a scene I left for my interview and my mother stayed to pay the bill. She asked the attendant for the charges to be switched from my credit card to hers. The attendant said it was no problem took her card and had to sign. Well the charges were never changed and now I have a fraudulent charge on my card because someone else signed my bill! Having previously worked in customer service this is an unacceptable mistake you always make sure the signature and the name on the bill match, but I guess your employees do not care. I have called the holiday inn customer service line multiple times to get this remedied and still nothing has been done. I will also note that I reviewed this hotel on their website and they will not post it. I hope that if you are considering staying at this hotel you will check out other options because it is not worth the time and effort.

Room Tip: Demand the room you paid for.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
8  Thank AIB893
Michele H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bridgeport, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thank you for your response. I can assure you that is not our standards. I appreciate the feedback so that I may address it.
Michele Hudson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeport
The Circle Hotel Fairfield
Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton
Delamar Southport
Delamar Southport
#1 of 1 in Southport

Been to Holiday Inn Bridgeport? Share your experiences!