“a bit of a pleasant surprise”

Holiday Inn Bridgeport
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bridgeport
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I had booked this location to be very close to an early morning meeting. I arrived after 1030 at night and was concerned about the somewhat seedy neighborhood as I approached the building. Upon arrival the staff was exceptionally courteous and helpful. I was able to park my car in the garage, check in and have a drink at the bar in just a few moments. The room was well decorated with a great desk and very large. It was very reasonably priced and just a few blocks from my meeting. I would return there for my next meeting with that client.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jafbostn
Michele H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bridgeport, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

So glad you enjoyed the Holiday Inn Bridgeport. Thank you for the nice review. See you next time.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Bridgeport

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I booked a room at this hotel in July for a stay in September. I had a very important interview in the city and wanted to be sure there would be no problems. Upon arrival to the hotel I was informed that the room I booked and paid for with two double beds was unavailable. The desk attendant informed me that they were going to put me in a parlor room which was comparable to the one I booked. Not wanting to wait around in the lobby while they debated sending myself and my mother to another hotel outside of the city we took the room, this hotel was the closest to my interview location and I did not want to deal with excess traffic in the morning. Upon entering the room we were dismayed to learn that this room was no where near comparable to the room I paid for! IT NOT ONLY DID NOT HAVE 2 BEDS IT HAD NO BED AT ALL!!! It was a pull out sofa. Immediately we called down to the desk to get it remedied. Again we were told if we wanted a better room we needed to go to a hotel outside of the city. Angry we agreed to stay in this hotel because it was only one night, thinking we could survive. WRONG! In the middle of the night we not only learned that our air conditioning did not work but the room turned into a sweat box at around 3:30 am. Thus, I got to sweat like a wildebeest sharing a pull out sofa with my mother. When I explained this to the desk attendant she said sorry and went back to ignoring me!! Before I caused a scene I left for my interview and my mother stayed to pay the bill. She asked the attendant for the charges to be switched from my credit card to hers. The attendant said it was no problem took her card and had to sign. Well the charges were never changed and now I have a fraudulent charge on my card because someone else signed my bill! Having previously worked in customer service this is an unacceptable mistake you always make sure the signature and the name on the bill match, but I guess your employees do not care. I have called the holiday inn customer service line multiple times to get this remedied and still nothing has been done. I will also note that I reviewed this hotel on their website and they will not post it. I hope that if you are considering staying at this hotel you will check out other options because it is not worth the time and effort.

Room Tip: Demand the room you paid for.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
8  Thank AIB893
Michele H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bridgeport, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thank you for your response. I can assure you that is not our standards. I appreciate the feedback so that I may address it.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

The hotel was well appointed, very clean, good desk service but bad location. Stay only if you don't plan on leaving hotel. Several people were approached by panhandlers and homeless asking for money, then followed by these people. No open restaurants in the evening, within walking distance except McDonald's or Subway. Bar service very efficient but wait staff in restaurant very inattentive. 3 out 6 orders were screwed up and long wait for mediocre food.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Michele H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bridgeport, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

My apologies for your experience here at the hotel. I can assure you that is not the norm. Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback.

Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay here for business in this clean, quiet downtown Bridgeport hotel. The location is great it's next to the transpiration center (bus, & train), which made stay great! Many places to eat or shop in walking distance also! The rates here are very reasonable for rooms. I enjoyed dining downstairs as I was able to catch the game.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Chocolatevirgo
Michele H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bridgeport, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Thank you for the review of the Holiday Inn Bridgeport. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

I've been in the Bridgeport area for the past six weeks. I stayed at two hotels in Shelton before trying the Holiday Inn. I was surprised at how nice the hotel is, the friendliness of the staff, and the immaculate rooms. I've enjoyed this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2013
Michele H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bridgeport, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

We're happy you've been staying with us! Thank you for the nice review.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

The Holiday Inn Bridgeport is a gem in the city. It is located just a few blocks from the arena and some terrific restaurants. A reasonable priced parking garage is just across the street. The Martini Bar in the hotel is quaint and now is serving food. There is a larger restaurant as well. The lobby is lovely and the rooms are spacious and nicely decorated. Everything looks new. The staff was very friendly. The surrounding area has some abandoned buildings but that shouldn't discourage anyone from staying at the hotel. It is very nice.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Michele H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bridgeport, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thank you for the lovely comments about the Holiday Inn Bridgeport. See you next trip!

Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Our rooms air conditioning was incredibly noisy and we could here the ice machine filling itself constantly all night till about midnight and then again in the morning. On the plus side our room was large and the bed comfortable.
The gym was very average....
Highly recommend the Martini Bar for delicious and well priced dinner!
Wouldn't recommend Bridgeport as a holiday destination but would recommend this hotel as feeling like a safe and secure accommodation in a shady neighborhood.

• Stayed: August 2013
Michele H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bridgeport, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

My apologies for the A/C and the elevator noise. Please visit us again soon so we may show our true commitment to guest satisfaction.
Michele Hudson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeport
The Circle Hotel Fairfield
Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton
Delamar Southport
Delamar Southport
#1 of 1 in Southport

Been to Holiday Inn Bridgeport? Share your experiences!