“Pricey for what you get”

Holiday Inn Bridgeport
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bridgeport
Washington, DC
“Pricey for what you get”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

The rooms are large and clean, but that's where it ends for the price. There was little service--1 person working the desk so you had to stand in line every time you needed anything. Slow service when something needed in your room. We only stayed for a night on our way to another location, but I was underwhelmed. The bell captain was nice, inexpensive parking...

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Michele H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bridgeport, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Thank you for the feedback about the Bridgeport Holiday Inn. We appreciate it. We certainly apologize your stay was less than outstanding. That is definitely not our standard and we will use this information to make sure others are not disappointed.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

So 2 nights per week (except for vacation from work weeks) and occasionally 3. I have to stay in the area as I am an ER nurse and live in NYC. The 12 hr commutes are not feasible. I do NOT get reimbursed for this at all by my employer.
I typically stay at the Trumbull Marriott. But past 2 mos I have alternated a little. This is my 3rd stay here in less than 2 mos.
The rooms on the 7th floor are pretty quiet the entire time which is essential and welcome! The view from the even side number rooms is actually cool. The rail station, the summer carnival lights....I get way more TV channels here than at Marriott!
The room has been super clean EXCEPT for the one stay where housekeeping must have been in a hurry and left the opened and used soap and shampoo behind from the prior customer. Ick.

There are indeed unsavory characters that lurk in the driveway and occasionally filter into the lobby during the day...and I get enough of that at work. But that is locale fault.
Check in is quick which is good.
They DID say on my first stay here there would almost always be a shuttle courtesy van to the hospital saving me from a ghetto cab ride? But this has only actually happened half the time. Disappointing!
I have to say for now?
I prefer the Marriott as with my gold status even there?
I have concierge floor/lounge/breakfast/evening apps and dessert benefits.
And honestly? SOMETIMES....the rate difference is only about 5 dollars.
I LIKELY will be back...but I think it may need at least ONE perk for being a potential weekly customer.
Like...they give you a 5 dollar discount for their bar. I don't drink alcohol. Make it a 5 dollar applicable to room service?
Or if I am staying THREE nights like this week? One comp room service?
Marriott let me "challenge" their tier status....as I KNEW I would have enough night stays over the 2-3 upcoming mos.
And that was fabulous.
Fast track!!
I must say I prefer the scent of the soap, shampoo and conditioner better here at Holiday Inn.
That made sound trivial...but not to me!
After 12 hrs in an ER?
And being a semi snob for bath products?
Remember the access to what I have at home in NYC....I truly appreciate that fact.
Marriott needs to change theirs for me!
The pillows here vs Marriott are superior and the beds themselves so far are equal to me.
My rooms at Marriott are more spacious but honestly? I am not using that as deciding factor as I live in a NYC apt and am fine either way.

The front desk staff here at Holiday Inn varies huge! A couple have made me feel like a bother just for kindly saying "may I please have a high floor room at far end of halls" ???
Some are SUPER friendly.

I am hoping some little perks will pop up here at Holiday Inn because I would LOVE to be able to make the stays 50/50 asap!
And who knows?
By winter?
Perhaps I will primarily stay Holiday Inn.
Also, we have temp doctors in my ER, they LISTEN to my hotel reviews as they find out quickly I have been staying in the area for 2 yrs now....when I still had a car I typically stayed off exit 35 of I-95 in Milford at every place from Red Roof to Springhill Suites Marriott.

I definitely have it down to this Holiday Inn and Trumbull Marriott.

And I hate to say but the food menu is better in Trumbull...but here at Holiday Inn?
There are super local other options.
Two Boots nearby?
That started in my beloved west village of manhattan where I live!!
Most unique and terrific for Bridgeport area!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank westvillageyogini
Michele H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bridgeport, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback. We will have to see what we can do to make Holiday Inn your #1 choice all the time!
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This hotel is located right off 95 and isn't too hard to find. When I arrived I was welcomed by a very friendly front desk associate and a beautiful lobby area. You have to pay to park but being a hotel guest you get 50% off and the parking garage is located just behind the hotel. Had some food and drinks at their restaurant Martini's and that was very enjoyable. Room was nice, the layout was different from other hotels but very clean and spacious. AC unit was a bit loud and did not get too cool but still had a comfortable nights sleep. Attended a meeting in one of their meeting rooms and it was a beautiful room and they supplied delicious snacks throughout the day. Would stay here again if I return to Bridgeport.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Micka7
Michele H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bridgeport, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We're glad you enjoyed it. Our apologies for the A/C issues. Hope to see you again!
Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Being #1 out of 1 hotel in Bridgeport seems like it would be a "Gotcha!" Truth is, this is about the nicest Holiday Inn I've stayed in. Clean, fresh spacious rooms, friendly responsive staff and a convenient location. Some (though not a lot) of neighborhood dining options - certainly enough choices for a short stay. In all, a very good value. Would I stay here again? Yes, I'm planning on it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jaoquin
Michele H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bridgeport, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for the kind words about our hotel. We look forward to seeing again soon!
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stayed here for a night with our 2 year old baby, mother, sister, and young nephew & niece. The staff was super friendly and accommodating. They had free food for the kids, and the closet was big enough to fit our pack-n-play. This was the most child-friendly hotel we've had so far on our trips with our baby.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Michele H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bridgeport, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to serving you again in the future. Come back anytime!
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

The Holiday Inn in Bridgeport was truly a pleasant surprise! From the bright and cheery lobby area to the nice large rooms it was a pleasure to stay here. But the incredibly friendly and helpful staff are what really made the stay special. Thanks to Raymond and Grace for going the extra mile. If I ever return to Bridgeport I'll stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013
Michele H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bridgeport, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
So glad you enjoyed your stay with us!
Closter, New Jersey
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I decided to stay at this property because me and my girlfriend were on our way to Foxwoods Casino. I didn't feel like driving the full 3 hr ride so we decided to stay here. The check in process was awesome. The front desk guy was friendly and very knowledgeable of the area. We checked in around 5:30pm. I think he is one of the few superstars of the hotel. Anyway when we got into the room there were a few things that irritated me about this place. First the minute we enter the door was open and the housekeeping forgot to remove the safety lock on the door. Another issue was the shower curtain. It smelled funky and i didn't feel like moving rooms because it wasn't a big deal. As long as i shower i don't really care but housekeeping needs to do a better job. The TV was on so i guess the housekeeper watched some tv before she left but she also took the remote control which bothered me. I had to call the front desk to bring me another remote control. The room was clean but those were the 2 things that bothered me. Before checkout me and my girl decided to go eat some breakfast. Being a priority club member i got 2 vouchers for 5 dollars off which was awesome. My gf asks me if i want bread. I go sure. She comes back and tells me the bread is moldy. I go and look at the bread and it was pretty nasty. i told the breakfast person and he just took it and didn't apologize to me at all. I'm shocked on how unprofessional he was. That really ruined the experience from the hotel because its a fabulous hotel and the food was really good. Dinner was excellent but the moldy bread in the morning was definitely terrible w/o an apology. At checkout i told the lady i'm checking out but she just said okay bye. I would definitely try this place 1 more time if i head up to foxwoods but i'd think about it

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
I apologize for what you experienced during your stay. That is definitely not our standard. I hope you will stay with us again so we can show our true commitment to guest satisfaction.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeport
Quality Suites
Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton
Rodeway Inn Stratford
Rodeway Inn Stratford
#3 of 5 in Stratford

Been to Holiday Inn Bridgeport? Share your experiences!